rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-In

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
It doesn't look like the Acer-branded case reviews very well, so I avoided it.
I've been carrying mine in an old DVD player slip case, which actually works great for what it is, but doesn't let me prop the thing up.

(All this great technology and only HTC thinks to build in a kickstand? That's puzzling, but perhaps best discussed in another topic.)

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
This thing is quite nice!

Real leather (love the smell) and the workmanship is superb.

The leather is great with no flaws anywhere and the stitching is all straight.

All ports are completely accessible, as are the cameras and light sensor.

A wrap-around Velcro flap on the bottom secures the tablet nicely into the case in a perfect fit with no wiggle room at all when secured.

Right out of the package there is very little stiffness to the new leather, allowing the cover to fold back flat for very comfortable holding and use.
Magnets securely hold the cover closed.

Velcro pads allow an extreme range of viewing angles in landscape mode, with enough of a "front porch" sticking out at a very upright angle to nicely rest my Bluetooth keyboard.

The case is supportive and stable when placed on a table in portrait mode, and holding the tablet like a book is completely natural feeling.

Overall I'm very highly satisfied with this purchase, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality leather case that looks great and is well engineered and manufactured. :cool:

Last edited:

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Been looking at this one too. I'm waiting for the slim case to be available at the end of the month. Can you post some pics to see how much bulk it adds?

donmeca2020

Jul 17, 2011

A wrap-around Velcro flap on the bottom secures the tablet nicely into the case in a perfect fit with no wiggle room at all when secured.

Right out of the package there is very little stiffness to the new leather, allowing the cover to fold back flat for very comfortable holding and use.

Velcro pads allow an extreme range of viewing angles in landscape mode, with enough of a "front porch" sticking out at a very upright angle to nicely rest my Bluetooth keyboard.

The case is supportive and stable when placed on a table in portrait mode, and holding the tablet like a book is completely natural feeling.

Overall I'm very highly satisfied with this purchase, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality leather case that looks great and is well engineered and manufactured. :cool:

after reading your review on it, i went ahead last night and bought one myself. im looking forward to it getting to my house already so i can try it out.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Been looking at this one too. I'm waiting for the slim case to be available at the end of the month. Can you post some pics to see how much bulk it adds?

I don't really plan on taking any pics, but I can tell you that my case is almost exactly one inch thick with my A500 installed.
I didn't think to mention the added size because I was too blown away by the utility and coolness to notice! :eek:

IamGod2U

Jul 27, 2011

Mine came yesterday. I looked through every option and thought it was the best choice overall. And I have to agree 100% with everything said above by strider_mt2k. It's great. So many angles, well constructed, well designed, excellent materials for the money, get it now before the price goes up.

donmeca2020

Jul 17, 2011
mine came in the mail today, it looks like a great quality and seems like i made a right choice buying it

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
Haven't seen this one mentioned, although it's a familiar design to anyone who has looked around for cases:

Amazon.com: rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi: Electronics

Mine should be here in a day or two. Will review then.

That looks great! It's very similar to PD-Air's version 2 book style case, the one I have, but a whole lot less expensive. If you want a convenient stand, a way to hold the tablet more easily, as well as some screen and drop protection, this would be a fine choice for a case. I hated Acer's cheesy official rubber case.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ok you guys convinced me. I just ordered it.

I've become increasingly unhappy with my Acer branded case.
The price is right so I'm going to get it before the shortage drives the price up.

One reservation i have is the usability in portrait mode. I use my tablet a lot in portrait for reading and none of these case makers seem to understand that.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ok you guys convinced me. I just ordered it.

I've become increasingly unhappy with my Acer branded case.
The price is right so I'm going to get it before the shortage drives the price up.

DRAT: I wasn't quick enough to beat the shortage:

Amazon just informed me:
Thank you for your order! Unfortunately, our shipment of the rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi has been delayed and we will not be able to ship your order on the original promised day. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience! Our shipment is due to arrive by 8/10/2011 and we will ship your order as soon as the shipment arrives. Given the delay and inconvenience caused, we have upgraded your standard shipping at no additional charge to expedited which takes 1-3 business days once the order ships by 8/10/2011. In addition, we will also refund you the full shipping charge.