Rookie is mid stream and needs a little expert help.

djonathang

May 19, 2011
Hello All,

I purchased a Nook Color and have begun the journey of putting Honeycomb on a SD.

So far all is well. The unit boots to honeycomb. I'm struggling with getting the market in place. I've followed a number of videos, but when I get to the portion of the video that instructs me to use HoneyGApps to place the market on the unit, nothing happens.

I am not a programmer, but I am keenly interested in learning how this process works. Yes, I'm over my head, but I really enjoy the exploration.

Can someone help me get to the next step?

Thank you.

David

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
David,

Honeycomb is only a demo at this point in time and all fixes are really just hiding its short comings. Of course the choice is yours to run what you wish but it is generally recommended not to use honeycomb on more than a trial basis since the issues exceed the stability. You will not get too much support trying to fix those issues since they really won't lead to a fully functioning homeycomb anyway. You should look into the phiremod, Ultimate droid and CM7 threads for some nice alternatives to honeycomb.

JP

djonathang

May 19, 2011
JP,

That's refreshing news. Not being strong in this endeavor, I'll pursue an easier install/mod, so I don't get unnecessarily frustrated.

Thanks.

DG

David,

Honeycomb is only a demo at this point in time and all fixes are really just hiding its short comings. Of course the choice is yours to run what you wish but it is generally recommended not to use honeycomb on more than a trial basis since the issues exceed the stability. You will not get too much support trying to fix those issues since they really won't lead to a fully functioning homeycomb anyway. You should look into the phiremod, Ultimate droid and CM7 threads for some nice alternatives to honeycomb.

JP