Rookie tablet buyer needing professional help. :-)

nakedland

Dec 22, 2011
We are looking to buy our first tablet. Been reading up and asking questions along the way about many different brands and models. Looking at the Lenovo brands right now. Leeshor was most helpful in telling us to be sure and have this or that minimum. These seem to have the min he mentioned so I would like to get professional input whether these models should be considered by us and if this brand is really a reputable brand/company.

Part number: 1304XF9
Part number: MP039EF-1838CTR
Part number: MP1DEE1-1838CTR
Part number: MP0732D-1838CTR

All 4 of these are under $250 with a one year warranty. Thank you.

Melanie

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Nakedland. I personally recommend Nexus 7 or the Nexus 10 tablets. Both are awesome tablets and are very popular. The Nexus 10 has a higher resolution screen than the iPad Retina! Good luck with your choices!

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Sitting here with my Lenovo IdeaTab, A2109A-F, model 2290, and I'm fairly satisfied with it. I did look at the Nexus 7 (about $75 less), but I saw a goodly number of complains about the glass breaking. And the $160 to replace the glass and digitizer. The A2109A feels solid, and IIRC, has Gorilla Glass. I am getting ready to get a screen protector to cut down on smudging, though. Comments on the viewing angle are opinions. So far, the screen looks quite good to me.

Micro SD slot - accepts 32GB card
Micro USB
Micro HDMI (not used it yet)
GPS
Bluetooth (paired sucessfully with my LG VX5500 cell phone)

1GB of RAM
16GB of flash
WiFi - connected to my Buffalo WHR-G54S no problem!)

FWIW - I used a PNY micro-SD with adapter to full SD card to load the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 upgrade. Running the tablet system upgrade failed. Got up to 156MB or so, then the transfer halted. The connection was not a problem, I think it was the server. Hint- the upgrade ROM MUST be named update.zip, or the system won't automatically apply it... The ROM is 382MB in size...

Last edited: