Root Achieved for the Le Pan II TC979 - Congrats to JCase!

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
iamfreeandroid.png

This is fresh, hot off the presses.

Rooting the Le Pan II has been a goal for a dedicated group of users who have been at it for a month or so. Now it happened. :)

Full details (it is possible only using a Linux machine at this point; Windows method is being worked on) are posted on JCase's Le Root for Le Pan II thread at LePanLife.

It works, it's all done via ADB command line at this point, so it's for advanced users. But the door has been opened. Rejoice, oh you Le Pan II owners.

Do you realize what that means? How do you fell about it? Would you like to run CM 9 ICS possibly soon? :p

Discuss, this will be our Official Rooting the Le Pan II thread.

EDIT : March 3, 2012

- A method for Windows users is now also available. (see next line)

- and thanks to sp991, a very detailed, step by step rooting guide too. (in the Development forum, requires forum registration, login to see it)

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I think I will wait a day or two before I take the plunge. maybe you will have some insight regarding the wi fi issues.

shadyblue

Feb 25, 2012
do you know when the root will be accessible via (one-Click root) ??? and when there will be to bugs? i really want to run ubuntu 12.04 on it... but i have to wait till i am 100% sure i wont mess up my le pan II... Plus, does anyone else get the error (Cannot not contact update servers) when trying to do system update on the le Pan II. I have 3.2.1 Honeycomb, LePanIIMv114 Basband, Kernal Version 2.6.35.11-perf+, Build Number HTK75.user.v114.release-keys .... does anyone have a newer version? if so, what does it fix?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
There's no Update files at all for the Le Pan II at this moment, and their update servers are offline. Nothing to worry about.

One Click Rooting - for the LP II, you need to flash things, via adb and it requires some learning, tools and a good rom.

I have suggested to dbay that he could start offering a mail-in service, paid support for anyone who wants the easy route. All the files, guides, ROMs are still freely available, of course.

Hope he does it, as it would help fund the server's costs.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
One Click Rooting - for the LP II, you need to flash things, via adb and it requires some learning, tools and a good rom.

Amazing enough, dbaybay made a super easy, two scripts batch file method to do rooting for the Le Pan II - You still need to install USB drivers and ADB manually, but from there it's a couple clicks, watch the screen, reboot etc. As easy as it can honestly get.

The method and scripts are posted in the Development Forums here. (Requires user registration and login to see the post) This method needs Windows 7 or Vista on the user's computer atm, they are trying to get a working version for XP users.

LarryKuh

Mar 5, 2012
Yann, the scripts do work on XP as I rooted my LPII yesterday from Windows XP-SP3. I did have a slight problem at the end of the Part-One script, which may have been my fault. It hung up at "adb wait-for-device", and the LPII was displaying "Fastboot Mode". The solution was to press the reset button and it booted to CWM. From there, close all command windows, then open another command window and run "Part-Two".

To verify the root, Dbay had me open SuperUser, then check for updates.

I'm not sure, but I may have been the first to use the scripts using XP. I have to hand it to Dbay, the scipts make it so easy to root the device.

Larry

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Hi, Larry, thanks for confirming that you got it working with XP.

I was in the IRC last night when you came in; and saw the troubleshooting you guys were doing. Now, people are trying to get a version of Fastboot.exe that works well with XP, so the script could run smoother.

It's a lot of work, supporting things that have to run in systems as different as XP, Vista, 7.

Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

jjsimmons

Feb 1, 2013
- A method for Windows users is now also available. (see next line)

- and thanks to sp991, a very detailed, step by step rooting guide too. (in the Development forum, requires forum registration, login to see it)

Hey I just bought my Le Pan 2 now running ice cream sandwich and all the links I am finding to root it have expired. can any one help me with this?

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

MoonRocker

Feb 4, 2014
Hi, Seems like leepanlife.com website just expired, so the forums are not accessible, can we please get alternate locations for the forums/files?

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Lepanlife is gone but we are doing our best to rebuild it at LePanForum.com

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk