Root Your Rockchip 3066

SiwelSamoht

Sep 28, 2012
I stumbled across this post yesterday, the tool also works for our lovely Rockchip 3066 tablets.

How to Root Teclast A10 Dual-core

The tool is all in Chinese but you don't need to read whats happening anyway. The tablet reboots itself twice. After the first reboot I had to hard reset.

These are the steps I took

• Install app on Windows (7Pro x64)
  • turn developer mode on device (Sumvision Cyclone Titan 9.7", Rockchip 3066, Mali400, Android 4.0.4)
  • plug the device in and wait for the tool to recognize it
  • click the button next to the only english word on the app 'ROOT'
  • wait a minute or two and the device reboots
  • i had to hard reset here
  • turn on device again
  • after a minute the tablet rebooted
  • walla, Rooted rockchip 3066 device.

alternative link for Root Tool
Multiupload.nl - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

NB: you have to install Super User from the market yourself tho!!

D

Dawnstar

All you need to root is to download (BusyBox) Free on google play i used this for my Rockchip 3066 ;)

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I found that the rk3066 responded to super one click just fine with services.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

daret

Oct 25, 2012
How do I turn developer mode on?

I own "Rockchip 101T" Tablet, it looks like Yuandao N101, may be its the same (bought on ebay, no further Informations about it) - but its Rockchip 3066 an this Chinese SW did not recognize it (No response, when I plugged in an USB).

daret

Oct 25, 2012
developer options is within the settings of Android

Yes, but is it the same as developer mode?

Turning On USB Debugging Mode is the same like turning on developer mode? (I tried this, but the ch. SW didn't respond)

Ahs3n

Dec 13, 2012
Hi,

Please, be very greatfull if you could give me some advice? :confused:

I have a SUMVISION TITAN 9.7 INC Tablet, also using Rockchip 3066, which got from ebuyer, updated it to Android JellyBean,

Anyways, I recently starting looking into device rooting, came across your tread, followed the instructions, and its just not working for me?

The main issue seems to be that the device is not being recognized by the software or laptop, When i connect the tab it just allows me to transfer data through and from the device as USB Drive?

From my understanding it should switch into boot mode during connection for software to recognize? Please If you could help that would be so helpful?

Regards

Last edited:

km2111

Dec 20, 2012
I stumbled across this post yesterday, the tool also works for our lovely Rockchip 3066 tablets.

The tool is all in Chinese but you don't need to read whats happening anyway. The tablet reboots itself twice. After the first reboot I had to hard reset.

• turn developer mode on device (Sumvision Cyclone Titan 9.7", Rockchip 3066, Mali400, Android 4.0.4)
  • turn on device again

I am here, can i continue ?
Thank you. $Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

fermec

Jan 18, 2013
I have managed to root my tablet (natpc x210) using this method but this is the way had to do it, to get my laptop win xp 32bit to see the tablet i had to install ADB Driver this is a setup file then I attached the laptop put the tablet in usb debug mode, then I start the software and it automatically sees the tablet, then just click root wait for it to finish and that is it rooted,

Worked a treat

Fermec

dhsc19

Feb 18, 2013
Wanted to chime in and confirm that I was able to root successfully using this method on my iRulu AK109 tablet in case anyone else might benefit from the info.

1. Running Windows 7 32-bit

2. Enable debugging mode on tablet.

2. I ran the ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0 program with my Internet connection turned OFF. When I first tried to run it with the Internet connected, it appeared to do an automatic update and I noticed that the version number became 2.3.0. I didn't want to take the chance. Maybe someone who can translate the Chinese can verify if the new version would work fine.

3. My Win 7 box would not load the actual Rockchip drivers for some reason. So, ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0 could not find the tablet at all.

4. I ended up downloading SuperOneClick and arbitrarily ran it's root method...it failed of course...BUT it asked me if I wanted to force loading the generic ADB drivers and I said yes. Upon doing so, Win 7 reported that I had a generic Android Phone connected. I ran ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0 again and this time it found it and correctly identified it as rk30sdk.

5. The first time I ran the root process, ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0 appeared to show the process was finished and the root link was green back at the home screen. I rebooted my tablet and I saw there was a new app installed (the faceless Charlie Chaplin hat logo). BUT, root checker app said the tablet was not rooted. So, I had to run ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0 again. Interesting, the software now showed the root link back to red. I ran it again. Process completed and I rebooted my tablet. This time I saw the SU app installed and root checker verified root access successful.

tanclo

May 12, 2013
This worked for me. The application appears to have automatically installed the drivers and then the su binary as well.. but after a lot of trial and error. Thanks for this!

I am running SetCPU OnDemand governor and under-clocking it around 1,4GHz
Now if only there is a custom ROM for the Aoson M19G RK3066

Kennethdriley

Jul 30, 2013

• turn on device again

I used this method sucessfully on my DOPO M7088 Tablet running Win7 32 bit Ultimate. The superuser notification is in Chinese and it installed two Chinese apps but it works PERFECT! I tried several other methods and none worked! THANK YOU!