Rooted, Clockworked, G-apps installed, but cannot sign in (Coby Kyros MID-9740)

Etvitas

Dec 25, 2012
Hi, sorry to post another problem for you guys, and it's probably something i did wrong, but after having rooted and installed clockworkmod upon my tablet, and installing google play, i can't sign in to the google play app itself. I start up the app, and it asks me to either sign in to an existing account, or to create a new one. I choose existing account, and i sign in to my gmail, but it pops up with a message saying:

"Couldn't Sign in- Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, contact Customer Care."

I've tried logging into my account in the Browser, and then trying to access the store, but i run into the same problem. Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The problem likely is on Google's end. Give it a little bit to work itself out.

Etvitas

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for the response, but i'm not entirely sure it's on google's end. I've managed to access google play on other devices, without any problem. On the tablet, no google apps are working; mail, people, talk, play, ect. I've found a few other people with the same problem, and one person says that logging into my youtube account will solve the problem. However, Youtube, along with Get jar, we uninstalled after installing google apps.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The YouTube app Coby includes is simply a link to the mobile YouTube website. At least from my experience, YouTube isn't necessary to successfully sign in to the Play Store since the YouTube app is no longer part of the Google apps packages at Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps . I had to download YouTube from the Play Store, which could have only occurred if I had installed the Google apps first. :)

Some of the newer Coby tablets are apparently having a problem with their WiFi, which could be the source of your problem.

Etvitas

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks again! Unfortunately, after making sure my wi-fi had great strength, i don't think that's the source of the problem either. Is there a dump anywhere on here, for the 9740, with a working google apps? Unless it is something to do with google, but i don't know what that could be right now.