Rooted Nook Color becoming sluggish

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I've had my Nook rooted for a couple of months (it's just rooted, no ROMs installed). Lately it been getting sluggish. If I open a text box and start typing, it will get hung up on the first character and will often place a number instead of the letter. Also, when opening up an app from a desktop shortcut it takes a few seconds before it recognizes the press. At first I didn't think pressed correctly and wouldbdo it again. That led to duplicate presses. Now I know I need to be patient and wait before continuing.

If anyone can offer up suggestions I would appreciate it.

Sent from my rooted Nook using Android Tablet Forum app.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You can try seeing if you have any out of control apps that need to be killed. You didn't mention which rooted version you are on but you can see active apps inthe settings or by getting a task killer type app that will let you see what is using the resources. Of course if you haven't rebooted in a while that might helps as well.

Having said that it seems you might actually be having touch responviness issues based on your description. The Nook screen is very sensitive and those sound like symptoms of a dirty screen. Try thoroughly cleaning it and see if the responsiveness improves. You'd be surprised how much clearing off one little smudge can help.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I did a basic root and am running software version 1.01.

Sent from my rooted Nook using Android Tablet Forum app.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
I've noticed the same thing lately in that app's can take several seconds to open. I run an app killer regularly as well. I haven't been to worried though as when, I get my A into G, I'm going to CM7.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I'd been noticing this for a while now, too. I try out a ton of different appsI used clockwork recovery to go back to stock 1.2, and am now running Phiremod from the SD card. Much faster now.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have not experienced any real slowdowns but I have had the screen become less responsive after several hours of hard use. Usually I clean the screen about twice a day and once a month I run the nook screen recalibrate app just to keep things fresh.

Sent from my NexusOne using Tapatalk