Rooted T408 (Possible 410) with Gapps and Market

mayhem41

Dec 20, 2011
just wanted to point everyone in the right direction to make this happen. It took a while and was just trying to find the right method to make it happen. I used other peoples methods for differrent tablets so this will just be links and what i found to make it work on the 408 & 410. I cannot confirm for 100% on the 410 but they are the same so i wouldnt see why not. thank you to all the op of these methods.

~Rooting
DroidModderX » -GingerBreak apk ROOT your Gingerbread device!

follow instructions on page. super easy

~gapps including market
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ket-coby-kyros-mid8024-no-rooting-needed.html

i used the methods here with and seemed to work well but using the dropbox idea from the second poster
used the link for the gapps from the op and saved to the computer and unzipped
download dropbox on computer and tablet. you can get it on your tablet from applanet
make a cruz file in dropbox on the computer and put the 7 needed files in it
open them on the tablet dropbox and run the apk's starting with services framework (dont do market and updater yet)
i had to use the youtube workaround to sync your gmail (log into your youtube app with your gmail account should force the gmail to push through on the cruz)
open your gmail and you should see your account there.
if your gmail account is there and working properly run the market and market updater apk and install
you should now have a a working market and gmail

This is the first time posting something like this so i hope it is clear enough. Again thanks to the op from the links I just found it worked through a lot of trial and error.

chad88tc

Dec 23, 2011
Didn't work on mine. Put apps on sd card, installed all but market and updater, starting with services, rebooted into bootlooping. Not sure what you did different, besides using dropbox, I'm gonna keep trying though. Let me know if you have any idea why. Thanks

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
I got the market, gmail, and maps installed. I want the updated market on it though.
I am happy to be rooted an have gapps installed. I will post a video shortly on installing gapps.

How is your experience with market????

xfaith

Dec 27, 2011
Got it rooted but cannot install gapps only able to installed Vendor. Keep getting parsing error. Unzipped on my computer and extracted to SD card.

chad88tc

Dec 23, 2011
I've tried updateing to new market, but it wouldn't work. I even tried a older v2.2.11, it worked but nothing would download.

TekGai

Dec 29, 2011
I found out the latest Android Marketplace (3.4.4) works on the t408. Had a problem installing apps from it at first, but moved the app to system apps using Titanium Backup. That seemed to do the job.

I performed the Gingerbreak root, and installed all the google apps from the youtube video (Install Android Market on Coby Kyros) above. Ran into that bootloop problem so, I went with the second option.

Android Market 3.4.4

xfaith

Dec 27, 2011
Got market but wont load up. Was able to put in sername and password but stuck on loadin. Might load newest firmwre and start over

am1509

Dec 29, 2011
so this is my fist time with a tablet & don't technically own a smartphone & I am sorry if my question is completely stupid...

So the video on installing the android market I understand & seems simple enough to do, but this rooting thing?

Is this necessary because the T408 is rooted? how do I know if it is or isn't? & do I need to do this first?

Thanks in advance.

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
I found out the latest Android Marketplace (3.4.4) works on the t408. Had a problem installing apps from it at first, but moved the app to system apps using Titanium Backup. That seemed to do the job.

I performed the Gingerbreak root, and installed all the google apps from the youtube video (Install Android Market on Coby Kyros) above. Ran into that bootloop problem so, I went with the second option.

Android Market 3.4.4

Can you please detail or post a video on how you did this. I copied the file to system\app\ using root explorer
and have had no luck. I will post a video and new site where people can get gingerbreak and the market files once we have a perfected Process!

Edit 1/9/12
So i now have market version 3.4.4 running. I dont know if it's from 1.82 updating or because
I copied the Android Market 3.4.4 apk file to /system/app. I also used root explorer to change
The permissions so that everything could read, write, and execute.

I created a site that i plan to centralize files for the T408 at:

Http//cruzt408hacks.webs.com

E
dit 1/11/12

Last edited by a moderator:

benleclair

Jan 11, 2012
Everything was working fine until I rebooted, including google apps. Now i'm stuck in bootlooping! How do I stop the looping? I shut it off but goes right back into looping when I turn in back on. bummedd

benleclair

Jan 11, 2012

Android Market 3.4.4

How did you get out of your boot loop? I'm stuck! Please help :)

benleclair

Jan 11, 2012
Okay I figured out how to get out of boot loop by performing a hard reset.

Get the firmware from the site and follow most of the instructions here:
Selected Topic

I put the update file directly on a sd card from the computer so I could skip the tethering part.

Applying the update alone would not break the boot loop. I had to "Wipe all data and cache" first. So now I'm back to square one.

Did anyone figure out how to install gapps without this effin bootloop?

benleclair

Jan 11, 2012
Alright I used the files (G pack) from the Coby video posted above. Marketplace etc. is installed without problems.

The latest problem: Market place does not show all results. A search for yelp says 149 results but only displays 5 (non of them the yelp.com app) When I try and use the web based store to grab the app the install button is grayed out. The dialog says select a device. There is only one device called "phone" and that is grayed out too.

Anyone have this problem?

Note: the only apps i can install from the web based store are the apps showing up in market place app

Last edited:

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
Last edited by a moderator: