Rooting Cube U9GT_S

derhao

Oct 13, 2011
I successful rooting Cube U9GT_S.
These step below as:
1. Update firmware of Cube U9GT_S to 1.01:
Link firmware U9GT_S v1.01: wendal_new.img
+After download this firmware, turn off your Cube U9GT_S
+Press and hold M key on Cube U9GT_S until your PC detected U9GT_S as rk2918 devices.
+Insert mini USB cable to Cube U9GT_S, then Connect USB cable to PC
+Install driver for Cube U9GT_S (Driver include in firmware folder)
+Run Rockchilp patch tool v1.4 and browse to firmware folder, then chose wendal_new.img
+When item Connected devices is flashing (notify PC connected to Cube U9GT_S, press button Upgrade to Update firmware for it.

2. After that, copy gingerbreak v1.2 to your android and run it to rooting...
Link gingerbreak v1.2: yijianRoothanhuaban_GingerBreak__mumayihanhua__V1.2_mumayi_68c79_(1).rar
(Notes:Firmware 1.01 update User Interface to android 3.0)

If you can not get driver and rockchip patch tools, please go to homepage of Cube to
download a firmware of U9GTS: http://www.51cube.com/tools.asp
or link http://www.51cube.com/download/soft3/U9GTS1.01.rar
It include all driver and Rockchip patch tools for U9GT_S

I hope anyone can root success cube U9GT_S
Thanks!

Last edited:

pan1

Oct 10, 2011
Just tried this and it works. I got a force close from gingerbreak but it still installed superuser and everything seems to be working. Just one thing when using gingerbreak all the options were in chinese so I just chose the first option. Do you know what they are?

Thanks

derhao

Oct 13, 2011
Do you want to change language to English?Right?
If yes, Please doing step by step below:
1. Tap on Settings Icon( $settings.png)
2. Then Chose Icon Language & keyboard (icon A : $A icon.png)
3. Finally, You tap the first item (mean Select Language) then chose a language you like (ex: English United States)
I hope you can do that.
Good luck to you!

pan1

Oct 10, 2011
Do you want to change language to English?Right?
If yes, Please doing step by step below:
1. Tap on Settings Icon(View attachment 4329)
2. Then Chose Icon Language & keyboard (icon A : View attachment 4328)
3. Finally, You tap the first item (mean Select Language) then chose a language you like (ex: English United States)
I hope you can do that.
Good luck to you!

Sorry that's not what i meant. I have already changed the device to english. It's just gingerbreak that still shows up in chinese for me.

derhao

Oct 13, 2011
Hi...
Version to root this android 2.3.1(wendal_new.img) have chinese version only.
You run it once to root your android. Then you can keep it to unroot when you need.
The first option is root command for your devices
The second option is unroot your devices.

Alcatraz

Dec 29, 2011
is there a way of rooting the cube u9gts and putting any android os on it ? Excuse me if my question is stupid but I never rooted this type of tablet yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't understand chinese. The tablet keeps on showing chinese things even if it's language and keyboard layouts are in english. So I decided to root it. But I would like to flash something else on it.

I was reading about the Cube u9gt2 and I am not sure if I can use the firmware from this one because they both use RK2918. Can anyone please shed some light on the topic?

I just want to flash another rom on this beautiful tablet so i get doing some apps.

Regards
Al

dropletguy

Dec 8, 2011
Any idea if the rooting procedure for the U9GTS works for the U9GTS_A? I've updated my firmware to v.1.06 (U9GTSA v1.06 20111123.img), and now would like to gain root access.

Thanks!

Alcatraz

Dec 29, 2011
Any idea if the rooting procedure for the U9GTS works for the U9GTS_A? I've updated my firmware to v.1.06 (U9GTSA v1.06 20111123.img), and now would like to gain root access.

Thanks!

From what I read above .... i noticed that you put in the U9GTS_A firmware of which the latest version happens to be 1.06. One question first. If you flip your tablet. The Serial number says S? or SA? I am still curious to know the main difference between the S and the SA and the regular one....

As for the other question of yours ... yes Gingerbreak is designed to give you root access on any Gingerbread-powered device. So this includes smartphones and tablets of course.

Regards
Al