Rooting hyundai rock x

sas_sas

Jun 16, 2012
This is the method if OS is 4.0.4..

HOW;
1. Download and install a Chinese Android manager application called ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0-setup.exe
2. Run it ZhuoDaShi
3. Connect the device via USB and wait till the app detects the device
4. The application will automatically push a APK to the device and run it on the device
5. On the PC app, click the Root link under the device image
6. Wait patiently till finished

DONE

Credits to "Andropos" from the other Tablet Forum..

Last edited:

DCheese

Apr 4, 2013
I tried this and had no success. I tried it several times and don't advise it if you cannot read Chinese.
But I was able to get the Rock X rooted.

I have a Hyundai Rock X, running Android 4.1.1
Build number rk30sdk-eng 4.1.1 ROCK X 20121103 160942 release-keys

I first tried ZhouDaShi with a Windows PC, Windows7, x64.

1. connected the Android device via USB to the Win7 computer. Win7 downloaded some sort of drivers automatically.
2. Downloaded ZhouDaShi v2.2.9. Ran it. Followed the prompts. It seemed to run successfully. (I followed this: http://wordpress.cyberplus-mm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Rock-Root-Guide.pdf )
3. Went to the device. Installed "Root Checker" app from the Play Store. Ran app. "Not Rooted"

Actually it was not so simple. Between steps 1 and 2 I may have also installed and run Moborobo. I tried a lot of things before ever getting ZhouDaShi to run and connect, sorry if this re-telling is not perfect. But in no case did I have success with ZhouDaShi. It was baffling and installed other junk on my computer with strange names. Worse than useless in my experience.

Then I tried SuperOneClick from shortfuse.org. This also did not work, at first. What I did:

1. download the SuperOneClick zip (S1C), then unzip it.
2. using Windows Explorer, navigate to the location of the SuperOneClick.exe file. Double click.

Results: Every time, I'd get "SuperOneClick has stopped working...." This is what happens when an app built with the .NET Framework encounters an unhandled exception.

I read lots of articles, finally finding one that sounded plausible, saying that the drivers for the Rock X won't work properly on Win7 or x64. I don't know if this is true, but anyway I tried running SuperOneClick on a Win XP machine, 32 bit. Again it failed, same way. But I had a debugger there, and found that the exe was failing not because of incorrect drivers, but because of a missing directory. It was looking for <HOME>\Exploits where <HOME> is the location of the SuperOneClick.exe file.

I simply created the directory named "Exploits" in the appropriate place and re-ran S1C. It worked. It ran. But still did not connect to my device.

When I had plugged in the Rock X to the WinXP machine, I noticed the WinXP did not autoload drivers, as did the Win7 machine. So in an effort to get the proper drivers, I installed and ran Moborobo on the WinXP machine, and I think it installed drivers appropriate for the RockX.

At that point I stopped Moborobo, and re-ran S1C, and clicked the "root" button (1 click, right?). This did not work, got various error messages, mostly like "adb server not responding." Google diagnosed that as too many adb.exe processes running. So I started TaskManager, found about 7 adb.exe instances. Those were probably left behind from earlier attempts. I then killed all adb.exe processes, then restarted S1C. Clicked ROOT button. It worked this time.

Rooted.

Whew.

-----

SuperOneClick works, but:

1. I had to manually create a directory called "Exploits" in order to allow it to run.
2. I had to manually kill a bunch of adb.exe processes to get this to work. Those were probably left behind from earlier attempts with other packages, including, possibly ZhouDaShi. (Yes, I had also run ZhouDaShi on the WinXP machine, but it did not work there either.)
3. Also, I THINK I had to run Moborobo to get the proper drivers, on my WinXP machine, before running S1C.

The main problem for me with ZhouDaShi is that any wrong turn is disaster - I cannot read chinese and cannot figure out what it is telling me. So I cannot recommend it for anyone who cannot read the language.

Finally, SuperOneClick might also run on the Win7 machine, but I didn't try it. The thing that blocked me on the Win7 machine was the lack of the "Exploits" directory, causing the crash in S1C. But I didn't know that at the time. If you have only a Win7 machine, and you are having the "SuperOneClick has stopped working" message, it wouldn't hurt to try creating the directory.

I hope this helps someone.

Also, I can't believe this is the state of the hack tools for Android. I must be missing something.

Last edited: