Rooting the TF300T

omcon

Aug 20, 2012
Hey, just wondering if I could get some advice on rooting my TF300T. I want to be able to use my PS3 controller through Bluetooth with my emulators, but I've been told this can only be done by rooting the device. Any tips on the best way to go about doing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
From another post

Just a quick fyi i received my tf300 a few days ago all updates applied. Got my ps3 controller a usb cable, plugged controller into tablet usb adapter and it was recognized. Turned on bluetooth on tablet unplugged usb from controller and it works with some games and mame emulators. no root needed or special apps. To disconnect controller i turn off blue tooth and controller turns off. Turn on bluetooth hit ps button on controller and it reconnects.

Hope that helps.

wfz

Dec 10, 2012
I'm new to this. What are the benefits for rooting the tablet?
Thanks,

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm new to this. What are the benefits for rooting the tablet?
Thanks,

I wouldn't do it but that's me. The benefits are that you gain more control over what you can do with the tablet but you should do your homework and have a reason. If you have to ask you probably aren't ready yet. ;)

omcon

Aug 20, 2012
leeshor, that fix did work for a while. Now since the new updates, it is no longer recognized right away. I can still use it plugged in through USB, but wireless is better. Any other ideas, guys? Edit: no longer recognized at all as a Bluetooth device.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
leeshor, that fix did work for a while. Now since the new updates, it is no longer recognized right away. I can still use it plugged in through USB, but wireless is better. Any other ideas, guys? Edit: no longer recognized at all as a Bluetooth device.

There was another small patch issued. Maybe there's still work to be done. ;)

Raiderspy1

Apr 29, 2012
I need to unroot my asus tf300. I presently have OTA Rootkeeper installed. Does anyone have a easy way to unroot? Thanks.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Hey guys,
I have JB 4.2.1. Can someone please provide rooting instructions for this version? I managed to unlock my bootloader. I just can't find anything on how to root with 4.2.1.