[Rumor] Google Could Switch from NVIDIA to Qualcomm for the Next Nexus 7 Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
google_nexus_lying-flat.jpg

Of course, this is quite possibly just pure speculation from someone in the Android blogosphere, but it could be worth noting, just in case it comes true. Supposedly, Google is thinking of switching from NVIDIA to Qualcomm for their next Nexus 7 Android tablet. The main reason cited for this is that Google prefers Qualcomm's tighter integration of 3G and 4G technology in the Snapdragon S4 Pro chipsets. This will also serve to simplify supply issues and lower the manufacturing cost of the device.

The final bit of intel included in this rumor suggests that the next-gen Nexus 7 will include a 1920 x 1080 display and be announced at Google I/O in the Spring. That's excellent news. Between the rumored launch of the Motorola X Phone, and now the possibility of a new generation Nexus 7 tablet, this year's Google I/O will turn out to be a blockbuster event!

Source: BGR

sohely

Feb 11, 2013

I got a Onda V811 Android 4.1 tablet pc. It's Performance really strong. It, s have dual core 8 inch IPS Touch Screen, 1.5Ghz powerful processor, WIFI direct support Skype, and external 3g USB Dongle . It's so smart, simply use to be and too cooool.