Editor in Chief
- Jan 5, 2011
Late last year there was some industry intel of a shrunken version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet coming sometime in 2013. Most of the scuttlebutt was vague and unsubstantiated, but today we have some further corroboration worthy of reporting. Apparently, the GT-N5100 tablet will be launched sometime this year and will likely be officially announced at MWC next month. This new tablet will basically be a Galaxy Note tablet with an 8-inch screen designed to compete directly with Apple's iPad Mini. Here's a spec breakdown from the rumor-mill:
- 8-inch 1,280 x 800 pix res Super Clear LCD screen
- 5 MP/1.3 MP dual cameras
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 and 32 GB of on-board storage
- A microSD slot
- 4,600 mAh battery
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and A-GPS.
- Wi-Fi only and a 3G-enabled versions
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 211.3 x 136.3 x 7.95 mm, & 330 grams
Thanks for the tip, Darla & Astrix!