S7 Netflix action

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
So, has anyone else tried the Netflix app on their S7? I'm a bit surprised that there has not been much buzz about this.
My results have not been encouraging.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
There's a thread about this in the "Technical" section. One person claims to have gotten it working, but I'm skeptical. It starts to load and then right when it looks like it's going to stream it kicks back to the queue.

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
I downloaded the Netflix APk from droid-life.com and got it to work on my Droid x (which is not technically a supported device right now) ... but it wont work on my s7. The video player loads up and I see the play button-but then it just falls back to my queue. So close. Anyone else have any luck? I'm running stock 2.2 on ly s7 slim.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Maui9

May 29, 2011
I have netflix working on my s7. I have the brazil rom and have had no problems with it

Maui9

May 29, 2011
i made a youtube video of the app working

Last edited by a moderator:

msmanda

May 29, 2011
I have brazilian 2.2.1 and the device check disables .apk file loaded.... working :) woohoo!

Last edited:

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I also flashed the Brazilian ROM and now I HAVE NETFLIX TOO!!!!!!! I don't know if there are any "downs" to this ROM, but it totally rocks to have "native" Netflix. I used the .apk with device disabled.
Of course, this begs the question (actually, two questions!): Why does the Brazilian ROM work wiht Netflix, and the Indo and Norway ones don't? Why has Huawei not come out with a "USA" flash yet? I would think that we are a fairly decent sized market & would get a bit more attention.
At any rate, all I have to do now is see if I can get Hulu working!

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
I just installed the Brazilian rom, and used the .apk file. IS there an updated one? I get a message saying to update but when I go to the market it's not found? Do I need to modify the device so the Market thinks it's a G2 or something? Going to traverse XDA to see if they have an updated apk file.

UPDATE: Wootsauce! Here are a couple links for people who want to read more:

Our own thread on Tech: Netflix on S7

XDA Developers modified .apk file (UPDATED 5-31-11): [APP]Official Netflix app

XDA Developers Playback fix: [Patch] Netflix Fix (2.3.X or higher)

It looks like we might be able to get the playback working on none Brazilian roms BUT it requires Gingerbread or higher =/

Last edited:

Chinoy

Dec 22, 2010
@dublea...uninstall your current Netflix app, then download and install this app, com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk from this link : XDA Developers modified .apk file (UPDATED 5-31-11): [APP]Official Netflix app
Enjoy!!!

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
@ Chinoy: Umm... that is what I linked when I edited it a little over an hour and a half before you posted that. Thanks for linking what I had already linked though ^_^