Saayi Dropad D10 Custom ROM

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
In case anyone's interested, here's the FWDN image of the GB room i was able to mix-n-match (from other TCC8902 based tablet) for (Saayi) Dropad D10 aka GoClever T73. It runs fine in Dropad D10, with two, yet negligible glitches:
1) Home (front) button does not work/respond - you can still use the on-screen home soft button
2) Menu button does not work/respond - you can still use the on screen menu soft button

In this ROM:
- Android ver: Gingebread 2.3.3
- Market: Yes
- Touchscreen: Yes, multitouch (ft5x06)
- WLAN: Yes (ar6000.ko)
- USB: Host (yes), OTG (yes)
- Battery sensor: Yes
- HDMI: not tested. in settings
- SDCARD: yes, mounted at /sdcard/tflash
- rooted: not sure, i forgot. if not, use SuperOneClick (use gingerbreak method)

If you use openVPN services, i've also compiled the TUN module for this tablet. Already loaded at boot.

Rooting method:
- download and extract/install SuperOneClick
- connect tablet to your computer via USB host (make sure USB debugging is ON)
- run SuperOneClick and click "root" button
- when it stalls/hangs/freezes somewhere in the steps (#6 or #7), disconnect USB cable and immediately reconnect it

After rooting:
- install Button Savior (for back, menu, home, power soft/onscreen buttons)
- push qwerty.kl to "/system/usr/keylayout/" (correct mapping of hardware 'Back' button)
- push build.prop to "/system/" to enable internal "3G settings" (if you need it) and to have "Dropad D10" in device description (about device)

Video:

Boot splash screen:
d10_boot_splash.png

Extract using 7zip:
7-Zip

Flashing method:
Use FWDN. I won't go into much details about it (FWDN). If you don't know it, then this ROM might not be for you. The download also does not include "NAND Data.fai". Just create your own "NAND data" structure using FWDN.

Further updates:
NO MORE. I've already sold my D10.

DISCLAIMER:
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN.

Donwload Links:
- mediafire
- 4shared

Good luck!

don't forget to click 'Thanks' if you think that... fin'lly, there's a working GB firmware for Dropad D10 (tcc8902)!

Last edited by a moderator: