Samsung Galaxy Note Ice Cream Sandwich Update Delayed To Q2

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
by Rajesh Pandey | Thursday, 22nd Mar 2012

Bad news Samsung Galaxy Note owners! Samsung has today officially announced that it won’t be updating the Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich until sometime in Q2. Samsung is however making up for the delay by including some ‘Premium Suite’ of apps along with pre-loading more applications that will be optimized to take advantage of the S-Pen on the Note.

Samsung-galaxy-note.jpg

“GALAXY Note continues to delight customers all over the world with its incredible versatility and unique user experience. With the Premium Suite upgrade, we wanted to add features that enrich users’ Note experience even more, including the great advantages of Android 4.0 and innovative applications for S Pen,” said JK Shin, President of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics. “We are committed to providing extraordinary experiences for consumers, and we will continue to provide new features and upgrades to enrich our offering.”

The Premium Suite of apps include S Note, Shape Match and Formula Match applications. Along with this, the Galaxy Note will also come pre-loaded with the latest version of Angry Birds – Space – with exclusive access to 30 challenging ‘Danger Zone’ levels.

The Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy Note will include a new task switcher, Face Unlock, improved copy and paste, new and improved Google apps and much more. Hopefully, Samsung will also make the ICS update for the Note less TouchWIZ-y, unlike the ICS update for the Galaxy S2.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not surprising and no, it won't be less TouchWiz-y, why do you think it is delayed? Of course the skinning they are doing is also strongly tied to the use of the device as a phablet and those extra S Pen features. Probably the one case where I can agree with extra skinning since it is related to extra use and features not found on most devices rather than just for the sake of differentiation.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I love the note I have been testing so far. it works pretty good but as with all TW GB devices, it is goofy at times. sluggish when I know this thing will fly. I also have a Samsung Captivate and it will run circles around this thing since I got ICS on it. I also have a Galaxy tab with HC 3.2. it is the worst of the three.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
ICS certainly will change all that. HC is just the pits and GB is fine but not as good as ICS.