samsung tablet wont charge

ollysnake

Jul 31, 2013
hi guys, i have a samsung galaxy note 10.1. i was just playing on it like a regular person and the battery got low so i went to charge it and my tablet said it was charging. i left it for about an hour or so, came back and it hadn't gone up at all but it still said it was charging. i have changed the plug and still dosent go up:mad: can anyone help me please? (will be highly appreciated if so!)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I would first try a restart of the Tab then try plugging it into a running PC for a few hours. Then long press the power button. You may have a bad cable or connector but try this first.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Also make sure using the wallwart that come with the tablet.
This ^^^^^

Tablets take a lot of power to charge.

If the charger is correct but it's still not charging, it could be the charger, itself.

Or the tablet could be confused. My Visio VTAB1008 got confused and did all kinds of odd things related to charging and runtime. I ultimately fixed it by doing a factory reset, running it down so far it wouldn't even complete a power-up before shutting off, charging it all the way back up, running it down until it shut down, and charging it back up again. What that sequence did was cause it to clear and re-learn the memorized battery characteristics.

Jim