SANEI N10 gives Mobile Network Not Available

sconlon

Nov 5, 2012
I received my SANEI N10 today from an eBay supplier and inserted my Tescomobile SIM card in the SIM card slot on the side making sure it was installed correctly. I switched on the tablet and tried to make a phone call. It displayed a dialogue box saying 'Mobile network not available'. I tried a different SIM card and same result. When I go to Settings/Mobile Networks/Network Operators/Search Networks it finds the Tesco 3G network ok and registers on it.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Thanks.

sconlon

Nov 5, 2012
When I check the About Tablet/Status the following settings are shown:

Network: O2 Ireland
Signal Strength : -81dBm 16 asu
Mobile Network Type: HSPA:11
Service Status: Out of Service
Roaming: Roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnected
MDN: unknown

etc

Hope that helps identify the problem.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may have 2 problems. The first is that the tablets were not intended to make phone calls. The SIM was intended for data, though there are a few apps that will allow some calling. The second problem is that your SIM may not have been activated by O2. I would check with them but all you could expect would be data.

Another possibility is that you aren't in the service area for that SIM/data plan.

sconlon

Nov 5, 2012
You may have 2 problems. The first is that the tablets were not intended to make phone calls. The SIM was intended for data, though there are a few apps that will allow some calling. The second problem is that your SIM may not have been activated by O2. I would check with them but all you could expect would be data.

Another possibility is that you aren't in the service area for that SIM/data plan.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have used the same SIM card in both my phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) and another 7" Chinese tablet both of which could make phone calls. When I put it in the 7" tablet and do the About Tablet/Status the following settings are shown:

Network: O2 Irl
Signal Strength : -97dBm 11 asu
Mobile Network Type: UTMS:3
Service Status: In Service
Roaming: Roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnected
MDN: unknown

The main difference seems to be that the 7" sees the network type as UTMS:3 whereas the SANEI sees it as
HSPA:11 but I don't know if this is significant. I also tried send a text and got more or less the same result - no service.

sconlon

Nov 5, 2012
Just an update to say that I tried a Vodaphone SIM card in the tablet and it worked - now able to make phone calls and send/receive texts. Can't figure out why as the network type shows as HSPA:11 same as O2. There is a slight different in the size of the metal contacts on the SIM card, the Vodafone ones are slightly larger than either Tesco or Meteor so maybe that has something to do with it.

jinu

Nov 27, 2012
There is no registered imei on sanei n10. may present a fake on.thats why not detecting the sim.for me
no solution for that

olli

Jan 2, 2013
I have same problem with my Sanei N10 IMEI=0. I tried to change my IMEI (from old cellphone) with echo 'AT+EGMR... then the pttycmd1 file was generated in /dev/ folder but after reboot I missed the pttycmd1 file. Can everbody explain why it`s lost? Thanks.