Saving battery life

vrocko

Oct 24, 2011
Hey all,
Ok rooted my Sylvania and it worked quite well. Changed the names on Phone.apk and Telephony.apk to .old so that they don't run. Runs better now and saves some battery. Is there anything else I can do to save battery life on the Sylvania 7"? It's got Android 2.2, it's the SYNET7LP from Big Lots. I think it's a good tablet and I really like the ability to surf the Web, read email, play games, read books and mags, etc. I've been looking around here at Androidtablets.net to see if there are other things to do to save power and add more functionality to it. Thanks for any help.

Rich

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The WiFi radio is the biggest battery drain, keep it off when you are not using it.

You can get a free Airplane Mode app to turn the WiFi on/off from your home screen. Also, turn off all automatic checking and updating for email, apps, etc.

vrocko

Oct 24, 2011
Thanks all. I appreciate the help. It still seems to me that it drains the battery fairly quick, not terrible like the Next2 did but faster than I'd like. I turned off the email and app updates and anything else not needed as well as turned off the the Wifi radio and turned down the screen brightness. I found an app which can help to save battery too. I'll keep looking. Anything else that would cause battery drain that isn't really necessary?