Saving documents to SD card

Benni

Feb 16, 2015
Oh jeez! I misspelled the title -- documents! o_O

I'm going to Cuba and taking my Tablet with me so I can work on some documents.

There is no Wi-Fi there, and very little access to internet, so I will have to work on the docs offline.

Yesterday, I used the USB to connect to my PC. I dragged and dropped the files to the SD card.
They went into "My Files".
Then, I went into one file and edited it -- but when I went to save it, I was given the choice of "Save to Drive" or "Save to device". I chose device, then it said to choose folder BUT the only choice offered was "Downloads".

I can't find the "Downloads" folder. How do I change the folder // or find "Downloads"?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I corrected your title. What were you using to edit the docs? Also, when you say "SD card" are you referring to a microSD card added to the system, (external storage)?

Benni

Feb 16, 2015
Thank you for the correction!

The document showed in "My Files". I opened it there, edited it there.

Yes, microSD card -- external storage.

Benni

Feb 16, 2015
Oops! I'm sorry, upon further digging, I found out the docs ARE saved to the SDcard. Plus I did find the download folder (download history).

Benni

Feb 16, 2015
Can someone tell me what these icons represent? I had saved the docs to Word (option given) but I don't have a Word app on my tablet so I don't understand how it could save to something I don't have.

Attachments

• My Files screen.jpg
    My Files screen.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 404

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Hi Benni. Have you tried opening the files? There will be an option as to which app (generally some form of office app) you want to view the document with.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know what app those icons are associated with but it does appear you do have some type of word processing app available to open those with. Taping on one of those docs should bring up that app. You may want to install another word processing app like Kingsoft Office or WPS Office. If you did, trying to open one of those should prompt you to open it with that app or something else.

Benni

Feb 16, 2015
When I first opened one, I was asked if I wanted to open it with 'Word'. I said 'Ok'. Now they all open with it.