SAWEE PAD Original firmware/ROM #3529

pablidito

May 20, 2011
I'm new to this board, so plz excuse me up front. I have the following flytouch tablet configuration:

Model: SAWEE Pad
Firmware: 2.1-update1 V2.3:#3529
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop#71
Build number: ERE27

My question is this...i tried upgrading to the stragulus version of froyo and in the process (think i) bricked my tab. I have searched all over the net for the original firmware/rom for this tab and can't for the life of me find it. Every ROM close to this one I try to install goes through the process, then when it comes time to boot up the first time, it hangs on either the green screen or the android text screen w/ the flashing cursor (not the graphic boot up animation). I can't get passed this part regardless. Have tried multiple solutions and still the same result. Don't know if this helps, but the boot screen says 0.6.1.2 (587) in the bottom right hand corner when the tab first starts up. I bought this thing off of ebay, so I don't even know who the original manufacturer is and the infotmic website...well lets just say i'm not very well versed in chinese! Am I the only one who has this firmware version 3529 in the entire world? Or am i just the only one stupid enough to think i could upgrade this thing! HA! My nook color was a flippin breeze to upgrade the ROM compared to this tab!

If anyone can provide any help or point me to anywhere I can fix this thing, i would be most appreciative...thanks in advance!

pablidito

May 20, 2011
You can use the 2.2 firmware here to try to upgrade it. It may unbrick.

Thanks much for the reply uplade3. Unfortunately, my impatience got the better of me as I flashed my unit with a bad rom before I got your reply and now it won't power on at all. I now officially own a 10.2 inch black/silver brick. :(

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
That isn't good. Yeah usually it takes a little while to get these things replied to.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I'm new to this board, so plz excuse me up front. I have the following flytouch tablet configuration:

My question is this...i tried upgrading to the stragulus version of froyo and in the process (think i) bricked my tab. I have searched all over the net for the original firmware/rom for this tab and can't for the life of me find it. Every ROM close to this one I try to install goes through the process, then when it comes time to boot up the first time, it hangs on either the green screen or the android text screen w/ the flashing cursor (not the graphic boot up animation). I can't get passed this part regardless. Have tried multiple solutions and still the same result. Don't know if this helps, but the boot screen says 0.6.1.2 (587) in the bottom right hand corner when the tab first starts up. I bought this thing off of ebay, so I don't even know who the original manufacturer is and the infotmic website...well lets just say i'm not very well versed in chinese! Am I the only one who has this firmware version 3529 in the entire world? Or am i just the only one stupid enough to think i could upgrade this thing! HA! My nook color was a flippin breeze to upgrade the ROM compared to this tab!

If anyone can provide any help or point me to anywhere I can fix this thing, i would be most appreciative...thanks in advance!

You can use the 2.2 firmware here to try to upgrade it. It may unbrick.

I too have one of these, and a newb to this forum... apologies to the OP for the hijack!

I have created the SD-boot card from the firmware mentioned by uplade3, but the tablet doesnt admit the card exists...
The only difference is that my bootscreen shows 0.6.3.1(626) and, if I hold down the FRONT button while powering up, it shows me a bunch of hex code at the top followed by a boot countdown which I have no idea how to stop.

I would LOVE to make this thing do something more useful than Kindle and Mahjongg... any assistance would be appreciated!

I DID JUST NOW get it to do a 'recovery' (FRONT button, 'VOL- PLUS VOL +', 'home') but it only rebuilds the original system (which means my kindle and mahjongg are now gone)...

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
If either of the afore mentioned pads have a "newer" build number, you shouldn't have tried to flash them. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I have a (677) build. I have been leary to flash my pad due to the fact that this senario is likely to happen. All I did was a few work arounds, rooted and overclocked. Now the pad is as it should be. Fast and reliable. I am waiting to do anything else until someone finds a way to make a recovery for this setup that I can falsh ROMs through. It scares me to flash the way some people are on this forum. Bootable SD sounds like a brick waiting to happen, and A to A USB with forcing drivers makes me really nervous.

Now, if anyone can walk me through how to pull my ROM and kernal off my pad I would be happy to. Especially to help those that have s**tcanned their tablets by flashing the wrong setup. There has to be a way. I know it. I have Titanium backup working and functional, if that helps. I also have anroid market 3.0 up with paid apps.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well, it isnt 'bricked' in that manner of speaking, but Im beginning to feel as if cursed...

While at work I almost had the straggulus (?) 39-something loaded up... then managed to destroy my sd card... literally... it even (somehow) ended up IN THE STREET!

Apparently my current issue(s) have to do with the cache... perhaps. I just dont like the idea of giving my phone number to some chinese guy asking for $1 for a download...
Would rather brick it... but not really. :rolleyes:
:D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Well, it isnt 'bricked' in that manner of speaking, but Im beginning to feel as if cursed...

While at work I almost had the straggulus (?) 39-something loaded up... then managed to destroy my sd card... literally... it even (somehow) ended up IN THE STREET!

Apparently my current issue(s) have to do with the cache... perhaps. I just dont like the idea of giving my phone number to some chinese guy asking for $1 for a download...
Would rather brick it... but not really. :rolleyes:
:D

You may have luck to try the iCan ROM that just showed up. Dlzc just posted it not too long ago. I stumbled across it myself. If your U0 is right, you can flash that firmware to get a useable Froyo 2.2 and go from there.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011

Okay, you used the 2 pass method. Is there something else to get from the post that I am not seeing? My build is 0.6.3.2(677) . I can't flash another U0 without risking bricking my tablet.

I want to flash the OS only. I am starting to hear that the iCan OS is somewhat problematic as the others (i.e. 3925) . I'm not sold on it just yet. I feel as if I'm getting impatient for a somewhat flawless OS to come down the pipe. I've even comtemplated ditching the tablet all together and finding something with more ability. Unfortunately, this probably won't happen. With no way to truly back up the tablet, I just don't know. I picked up some Linux books and have actively started reading in order to gain some understanding of all this mess. It would be fantastic to see a hacked Honeycomb on one of these pads. Don't tell me it isn't possible. I've seen variations of Honeycomb running on phones like my LG Optimus V. From what I understand, they shouldn't be capable of running that OS all together, but it is available. Nearly flawless, but they do have understandable bugs. I really hope the DEVs can do something with this. The sooner the better.

Last edited:

noelani77

Oct 22, 2011
Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with this exact pad..

boot screen 0.6.3.1 (626)

Well like others I tried to upgrade my system only for it to get stuck.. I must have ran through at least 6 different roms but it just wouldn't boot past the logo screen.

My first attempt was froyo 2.2 rom which killed my restore partition and I ended up with a Zsys error and a green screen (although it came back as sucess- no fail txt) it just wont boot.

Second attempt was 3656 which I recieved error this wrap is not for current product!

Third attemp was 3425 which again stuck on android.

Forth attempt was 3925 (iCan update) well it loaded but my g-sensor off (horizontal was vertical and vice a versa)

Fifth attempt was 1170 update zip and Sucess it booted, but since I didn't have a flytouch I didn't have a registration number.

Updated to 1568 and 1623 which were both successful.. It's funny because it showed I had the exact same stats as flytouch II (no longer a sawee pad) but I still got hit with no registration.. and they did away with registration with 3245 rom which just would not boot past android..

So I took it apart.. This is what I found INfotmic Imapx200 Board WWE101 v3.5... 2 tf slots 2 USB slots 256 ram...

Since I had nothing to lose I downloaded www.******** 9v_600.rar Deposit Files
and the Flytouch Recover ROM flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip

I formatted a SD card using the Flytouch Recovery ROM/ created a folder in sd card with a folder called Android and copied the ramdisk.img, sytem.img, uboot.nand.bin, UImage, userdata, zsys and 9v_600 in to the folder.
Power down or reset, put the flashcard in the upper TF slot and press power. You should see kernel-******, ramdisk android/system android/zsys being copied and extracted a screen that says "Burnning the filesystem" Remove the SD card and my superpad automatically reboots itself.

You should see infotmic screen, next a pinquin in left corner and white "android_" after a few minutes (be patient) a silver ANDROID Logo should be visable and next the calibration procedure.

If not u could try recovery mode by press and hold HOME + ESC (front round button) it says something like "press the required keys if u want factory reset" release Home+esc and press them again. The recovery should start followed with burnning the filesystem again. If it still doesn;t work reflash again. The flashing sometimes doesn work, maybe itś the flashcard or the cardreader.

Everything seems to be working except I can't seem to get my camera to work. I'm not sure if I messed it up when I took it apart, as it'll take screen pictures fine.. and I haven't had a chance to see if the market works but at least I don't have a brick anymore.. I'm not recommending anyone with this tablet to try and root it or change the rom as there's noway to revert back to the original system... But for those who already tried.. at least here's something to get it back working again... Good luck.. new info

model : sawee10
android version 2_2_20110430
Kernel 2.6.32.9 semitime@semitime-server #2
build: frf85b

Attachments

• $sawee.jpg
    $sawee.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 2,766

CroCop

Oct 23, 2011
Same here , got it working again following noelani77 post here above.

Huge thank you noelani77 for your post with the files you recommend in your previous post.

Last edited:

CroCop

Oct 23, 2011
Yeha make it Sticky for all thoose SAWEE Pad Flytouch II users who try to flash diffrent kind of roms and get stuck.
Cause this really saved my day, when I got a completley new fresh Flytouch. (well it's not a super tablet I know) :) , but atleast now I can use it in my boat thanks to noelani77 !

Much faster and responsive then before.
Rooting it worked fine aswell.
+ can now use my own language Swedish
+ with Launcher pro its much more smooth navigating around.
+ I also changed ro.fingerprint then updated to the latest version of Android Market and now I even get to see apps you can buy. :)

I had this before
Now it says
Kernel Version:2.6.32.9infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop#71
Model: SAWEE10
Firmware: Android2.2_20110430
Kernel Version:2.6.32.9 semitime@semitime-server #2
Build number: FRF85B
Yet to be tested is to set up GPS and see if we can get it to lock and show actual location. :confused::)