Screen protector reviews

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
First thing I found when using my Sony Tablet S is that it definitely needs a screen protector. It really does attract finger prints and although I read it is glass it doesn't feel particularly thick and I worry it could scratch easily. So I jumped on eBay and ordered INVISIBLE SCREEN PROTECTOR SHIELD GUARD FOR SONY TABLET S. Now I picked this one because it wasn't pricey and looked good in the description. After receiving it and attempting to stick it on, I'd have to say its the worst screen protector I have ever seen. It stuck to the screen so badly and bubbled up terribly because it was so sticky, and the plastic was not clear at all. I couldn't bare to see it on there and ripped it off within mins.
So that weekend I decided I wasn't going to be a cheapskate and go grab the official Sony protector. Although I feel it's crazy that the same manufacturer has to bring a protector out at release (why not have a better screen) but I'm so glad I did. The protector has a a sorta Matt finish on it and I love it. U don't notice the finger prints and the sensitivity doesn't alter at all. I fully recommend buying it.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Hmm, I notice fewer fingerprints on here then on the iTouch or the Velocity Cruz.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Tzarrr

Nov 22, 2011
Thanks for the feedback on the Sony screen protector. I'm just not sure I'll like the matte finish though...Although I'm annoyed by the fingerprints, I relish the glossy aspect of the screen in original form. Any way you could post a picture of your screen tablet with screen protector on it?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If fingerprints are your main concern, several people have used Rain-X on their screens and were happy with the results. It's for automobile windshields and is available at just about any automotive store.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Okay, I might have to get the screen protector. I did not like the one on my iPod Touch because it affected the sensitivity of the touch. What did you clean the screen with before you put the protector on?

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
Okay, I might have to get the screen protector. I did not like the one on my iPod Touch because it affected the sensitivity of the touch. What did you clean the screen with before you put the protector on?

I used an alcohol wipe from the crappy screen protector, but I have areally good microfibre cloth that I use on my iphone, ipad and laptop. some dont remove grease very well but this one does. (Sabco Glass Microfibre Cloth)

Tzarrr

Nov 22, 2011
Well, after going to the Sony store and looking at the Sony protector, I bought it and installed it.

I am very satisified. It was darn easy to install it. It tones down the glossy aspect of the glass screen of the tablet without being to the detriment of the vibrant colors of the screen. Fingerprints show much less and touch feeling and precision is absolutely unimpeded. Highly recommended.

Snarl

Nov 24, 2011
I also purchased the Sony Screen protector and it works great, slight satin finish is fine, easy to install.

I would recommend

tabs

Nov 30, 2011
the Matt finish is the best part, hardly any reflection at all ... I got the Sony leather case yesterday also. Can't find any cases in Western Australia at all, and none of the american sites that stock the STM skinny will post out of the US, so I ended up getting this one from Japan.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w101/mr_nismo_vrfour/IMG_0481.jpg

The sony store on murray street has a black neoprene sony brand one in store.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Good info, thanks! Sounds like touch sensitivity is not an issue.

Markoalbury

Dec 9, 2011
The Sony screen protector is expensive though I got mine from JBHIFI in Albury for $25. Only one protector but it went on easily and does not detract from the clarity of the screen as much as the anti-glare screens I have bought for my iPad, in fact text is still sharper than the iPad with a clear screen protector.
I was able to get the STM Skinny for the tablet directly from STM in Australia, they retail for $49. Check YouTube and you should be able to see my review.

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
Where did you order the case from? How's it?
I got it through ebay. there are some good and bad points about it though. stupidly you cant charge the tablet while the case is closed. I think this is a really bad flaw because if u leave it charging u want it protected. second thing is that when it stands up it onlyonly really sits at one angle. then my last gripe is that is doesn't lock in place when its closed.I love how the ipads have the magnetic part so cases lock in place and even switch off. that being said the case fits nice and is very good quality and looks shmick!