Is it a good idea to apply a screen protector

Does it affect the use of the tablet

How tough is the screen

Cheers

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Congrats on your new tablet and welcome to the forum!

Most major name brand tablets have very strong scratch resistant displays. It is a matter of preference. Some users have had issues with a stylus not working as well after a screen protector is applied.

Personally I run with my tablet and my phone naked. My tablet has 2 small scratches that I don't even notice and it is 2.5 years old with heavy daily use. It has been around the world more than 10 times and is no worse for wear IMO.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I bought a screen protector. When I applied it I found bubbles which I couldn't clear and which made little shadows on the display. Fortunately this protector could be removed because it was not attached with adhesive (as some are). I actually seriously damaged the screen on my SLR by removing a screen protector. To me it's not worth it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ubrianis, congratulations on your new Galaxy Note 8 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I've been using my tablets for a couple of years as well and don't have a mark on any of the screens.

alexander2020

Aug 10, 2014
Hi all
Im new to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Is it a good idea to apply a screen protector

Does it affect the use of the tablet

How tough is the screen

Cheers

I think its better to be safe than sorry. I ordered a screen protector on ebay as soon as I bought my note 8 to protect my phone from scratches. Accidents are inevitable and it will be more expensive to replace the screen later if anything happens. You can use the tablet as it is but it may end up decreasing the resale value if you want to sell it in the future. you can buy any tempered glass or screen protectors from the internet. Here is the screen protector I use
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-Gal...eReader_Screen_Protectors&hash=item27d401bf2f