Screen too sensitive on my Coby MID7015

BobOnTampaBay

Mar 24, 2011
When I try to scroll up or down it frequently responds as if I pressed "enter". It happens regardless of whether I'm in a "settings" menu, trying to see what is below or above on the screen, or if I am in my "email inbox" trying to scroll down to view message titles. Invariably I wind up "clicking" on a menu item or on an email that I don't want.

I know the answer is a lighter touch. I've tried that and it helps,... it's getting less bad... but doesn't reduce the problem enough. Ideally you could drag the side slide up and down, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Any suggestions?

BobOnTampaBay

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
A firmer touch is better, use the side of your thumb to push up or down, I also use the backside of my pointing finger.
calabrate using your pointing finger, not the stylus.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
In time going to wear out, if they use good Panels and hardware then it should last a very long time. There are mods you can apply to help fix the issue but getting the right setting my not improve things. Right now I okay. What I type and scroll show up correctly.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
mine works great, i don't even have long enough nails, i cut them all the way back a couple of days before i got my coby, wish i had left my pointing finger nail now.
all well, it'll grow back, then i can shape it, maybe even slap some clear coat on for strength. even still just using the meat of my finger it still works.

BobOnTampaBay

Mar 24, 2011
A firmer touch is better, use the side of your thumb to push up or down, I also use the backside of my pointing finger.
calabrate using your pointing finger, not the stylus.

Thanks, Using the side of the thumb hellped, as well as using two hands...I think it confused the tablet to have two signals... one on the left and one on the right.

Bob

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
the more you use it the easier it gets, as long as you remember it works by pressure. even i get the mis-clicks sometimes, but there pretty few & far between now.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I've had my tablet for four months. I've gotten much better at scroll but I still sometimes make mistakes. My main reason for changing lcd_density was so I would not have to use scroll in AndExplorer to get to /sdcard/. I don't think it's how hard you tap rather it's the finesse of the motion. It's an acquired motor skill.