Scroll by StorageOptions

soscom

Dec 5, 2010
Hi Guys,
I've just been given a Scroll By Storage Options and am having trouble finding apps that will work on it because most of the websites i go to want to know what phone i'm using and it is never listed. Any ideas of how i can get apps for this device as the android market place does not seem to allow me to search or download.

Cheers
Soscom

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Try filecrop.com or just google search for the name of there app followed by apk

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Also, use the SD card/MicroSD card as the storage from the PC then install from the SD card. Clumsy yes, but you can install if you set the flag in Settings to allow external installs.

Fozzer

Dec 14, 2010
I have just one of these tablet about 10 days ago, pretty impressed so far but the battery life is very poor. Only a couple of hours, can't wait to get the latest firmware on it to see if it speeds things up, just got to find out with tablet this is a clone of which is the bewt way to do this ?
Many thanks

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 using Tapatalk

Dec 14, 2010
Ive got a Storage Options Scroll ordered for xmas.
its fairly cheap (£140-£160), runs on 2.1, has 256mb of RAM and a 800mHz processor as well as built in android market (suprisingly, many tablets dont have this as standard:confused:), a g sensor and a 3D graphics thingy. It also has a built in webcam and a 7" screen AND HDMI out. :D
I cant wait for it. :}
its good for the price, and it looks quite attractive, similar but different to an Ipad, and im reassured in the fact that its from a proper company, and that its NOT an Ipad copy; because they're s**t (usually) :p
some of you might want to look into it, it looks good. :}

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2010
So aiye, I was looking for an android tablet for xmas when i stumbled across this...
Scroll -Tablet PC - Products - Storage Options - Technology Without Compromise
the specs look good, the price looks good, and it has its own unique (yet maybe slighty Ipad inspired) look, which is re-assuring knowing that you're not just getting a cheap knock off of an Ipad, which are riddled with flaws and issues. The fact that it's from a "proper" company is also quite reassuring.
Whats more is that you can get it from Amazon and Play.com, so its easier to purchase than other Shanzai (spelling?) tablets. And has less chance of fraud/scam etc.
I personally think it looks really good for the price, and I'll be posting a review when I've got to play around with it (maybe sometime in January, so that I've had time to recognise flaws and such). :)
Consider it...
Unless you have the money for a Galaxy tablet, in which case there's probably no point.
(P.S sorry if this is in the wrong thread or anything, I'm new here :confused:)

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
noticed a few things

A. There are currently no plans to use Android 2.2 with the Storage Options Scroll Tablet PC. We believe Android 2.1 is a more stable platform which is compatible with the widest range of applications.

A. The Scroll uses resistive touch screen technology which is more accurate than capacitive touch screen technology used in some other tablet products. Ensure you are touching the screen with some pressure in order to get accurate typing.

A. Scroll does not support Java or apps which use Java.

but most importantly
A. Unfortunately due to hardware compatibility the Angry Birds app is not compatible with Scroll.

seems like a standard china tablet really. The price isn't too bad though. IF and this is the key, if there is good customer support then it might be worth it

Dec 14, 2010
aiye, i noticed the unlikelyness of 2.2 and I knew that it didnt support angry birds. :(
i didnt know about the java thing, how many apps actually use java? is it basically all of the games? :S
I dont mind resistive screens, if its anything like the one on my smartphone ill be fine :)
I dont like capacitive much, as on an Ipod Touch, it seems slighty less accurate, but can support multi touch and you dont have to poke it with enough force to destroy it, unlike resistive screens. :L
I wasnt expecting the best for this price, but I think its a fairly good deal :)
dad said the support is quite good, as he already has his, and needed help with the android market, he said they arent all depressed and unconcerned, such as some support lines and they walked him through it perfectly - in his words.
fingers crossed, eh?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Angry Birds not compatible with those specs = TCC8902?

This wont be too shabby, but do not pay shell out more than 120 quid for this thing. (140 is really cutting it close, but choices are limited in Europe...)

These devices are from China. The branding is just a slap-on thing. It isn't like any of these smaller companies have the capacity to manufacture anything substantial.

It has an unlicensed version of Google's Android market. These guys are either clueless or ignorant (look up Augen and Google Android Market news).

soscom

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks for the replys had a bit more luck and also found this little gem tucked away on the storage options web site which helps when installing
CONNECTING SCROLL TO YOUR COMPUTER
1 Connect Scroll to a computer via USB cable. You must connect to the socket labeled “USB”, not “USB Host”.
Windows may present you with a “Found New Hardware Wizard”. If this happens, please press the “Cancel” button.
2 Open the status bar by dragging your finger / stylus downwards from the top of the screen.
(The status bar displays time and battery status information).
3 Touch “USB connected (internal)” and choose the “mount” option.
Scroll will appear as mass storage on your computer and will be assigned a drive letter within “My Computer”.
You can drag and drop files from your computer’s drive to Scroll just like you would with any other external
storage device. You may also be presented with Windows’ built-in Autorun options as pictured right.
You can select “Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer” from here to browse files on your Scroll’s
built-in flash memory.

Soscom

soscom

Dec 5, 2010
If there are any really clever geeks out there that can expain how I can either get FLASH to work on the Scroll from storage options or root it an install android 2.2 please could they post on here please or on www.scrolltabletforum.co.uk

Soscom

andyk68

Dec 25, 2010
Hi All, Merry Xmas (happy holidays). I just bought myself a new Storage Options, scroll Android Tablet, This one actually. Storage Options Scroll Tablet PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com
Not had a lot of chance to play with it yet, except for the usual facebook, youtube etc. Now I'm aware I havent bought an Ipad or a super fast pc but what can I seriously expect from my new toy? I know flash is not an option but I would like to try and get it working with 3G if possible. It states that you can use external hard drives and usb flash drives with it but when I plug one in theres no option to browse said drives .. .. .. .. too many questions, I'll leave it there for now.

HaH

Dec 28, 2010
I got one too, instruction manual is not very helpful is it! In order to browse SD card you have to drag the top white box down (where the usb icon comes up) and follow instructions. Don't know if it's the same for external hard drive tho. Thus far I've not had much luck finding out about the tablet, I did go onto storage options web site and looked at the instruction manual on there which was a little bit of help. (That's where the above came from!) Guess it's just a case of lots of Googling and trying out different things.

Last edited:

Pete_S

Dec 29, 2010
Hi All, Merry Xmas (happy holidays). I just bought myself a new Storage Options, scroll Android Tablet, This one actually. Storage Options Scroll Tablet PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com
Not had a lot of chance to play with it yet, except for the usual facebook, youtube etc. Now I'm aware I havent bought an Ipad or a super fast pc but what can I seriously expect from my new toy? I know flash is not an option but I would like to try and get it working with 3G if possible. It states that you can use external hard drives and usb flash drives with it but when I plug one in theres no option to browse said drives .. .. .. .. too many questions, I'll leave it there for now.

hi andyk68, I'm a new scroll owner too. Seems an excellent bit of hardware for the price, though the android 2.1 with bundled apps seems a bit weaker! It's my first android product, so the learning curve's steep.

Instal a file manager (I've found Astro to be solid) and then you'll find the sdcard under root (/sdcard). If you connect an external usb flash drive you'll find the contents under /scsi (took me a while to discover that one). Unless you're thinking of transferring small files only, forget the usb host facility, because it's painfully slow transferring to a microSD card, about 0.7mB/sec. Also, if there are any pictures on the removable drive (or if you connect to a camera) the scroll insists on scanning the entire drive and creating thumbnails which can take a long time.

There's also no way to disconnect or unmount the usb drive without getting a warning message, unless I've missed something. I'm working on a shell script using Gscript to do this. If I succed, I'll post it.