SD and SanDisk Memory

Himmelhorse

Jul 5, 2012
Hello again everybody,

Just a quick question. I have the TF201 tab and have a small Sandisk memory for the screen and 32gb SD for the Dock.

All the literature I have read has said both these are upgradeable to 32gb. However, 64gb SanDisk is available and 128gb SD is available.
Has anyone upgraded to this extent and is it possible to use these on my Transformer Prime?

It seems to me to be the perfect and a reasonably cheap way to go

Looking forward to some feed back on this

Regards to all and keep up the good work

TonyC

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, 64GB in both the microSD and standard SD are not a problem. 128GB in the microSD slot has been confirmed but not for the SD card slot. Moving this to the Transformer forum

Himmelhorse

Jul 5, 2012
Leeshor,

Thanks for that .. I really appreciate it.
Just one thing.. I have googled "128gb microsd" and all it appears that it is going to be released October 2012 whilst the 128gb SD is already on the market. I was just wondering if that 128gb is SD with the microsd to be confirmed??
Could you please elaborate for me?

Thanks

Tony C

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Leeshor,

Thanks for that .. I really appreciate it.
Just one thing.. I have googled "128gb microsd" and all it appears that it is going to be released October 2012 whilst the 128gb SD is already on the market. I was just wondering if that 128gb is SD with the microsd to be confirmed??
Could you please elaborate for me?

Thanks

Tony C

lol, just reverse my answer and it would be correct. In other words you are right.

HaggisHunter

Jul 15, 2012
The only 64 or 128 GB cards I see listed by my normal suppliers are SDXC - can Transformer handle these or do I need to find SDHC?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only 64 or 128 GB cards I see listed by my normal suppliers are SDXC - can Transformer handle these or do I need to find SDHC?

Yes they can. The naming convention can be a little confusing but HC and XC can both be the same cards the way some companies list them. They are both High Capacity cards..

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
SDHC is supposed to be cards between 4 GB and 32 GB. Default format is FAT32
SDXC is supposed to be cards larger than 32 GB. Default format is exFAT.

Most tablets cannot read exFAT cards, but Asus has included it in the stock firmware/kernel for the TF101, SL101, TF201 and TF300T. Last I heard the TF700T cannot read exFAT.

But - if you format the larger cards for NTFS, they work find in just about any tablet. Formatting for FAT32 is a bit tricky but can be done with a 3rd party utility (M$ blocks 64 and larger SD from a FAT32 option). Keep in mind FAT32 has a 4 GB per file limitation.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
@Himmelhorse

What Frederuco said. His explanations are always better than mine. ;)