sd card damaged

sorcerer1055

Dec 13, 2011
on startup the vtab is telling me that my sd card is damaged, yet programs, files etc that are on the card run fine. also, the system will not let me "mount" the card in settings, so o guess there really is an issue. Norton utilities see the card, with 700ish mb free on a 16g card, and there is no way there is 15g used on the card. any thoughts??? :confused:

thanx...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
on startup the vtab is telling me that my sd card is damaged, yet programs, files etc that are on the card run fine. also, the system will not let me "mount" the card in settings, so o guess there really is an issue. Norton utilities see the card, with 700ish mb free on a 16g card, and there is no way there is 15g used on the card. any thoughts??? :confused:

thanx...

Was this card formatted to be a bootable card for another device? In that case you are probably only seeing the boot partition of the card making it look small and not work properly. It sounds like you need to reformat the card back to scratch.

sorcerer1055

Dec 13, 2011
it was a brand new card, bought with the vtab and only used there, its been fine (about a month) up til now... my company it guy is also thinking reformat but id like to avoid it if i can...

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
Reformatting is no big deal. Just copy off all of the files into a temporary directory on a PC, reformat, then copy them all back. Easy as pie.

sorcerer1055

Dec 13, 2011
thanx, thats actually the route i ended up taking last night... worked like a charm, but still curious as to what may have caused the snafu to start with...

JeanM

Jul 5, 2012
Hi my android tablet shows sd card damage when i plug in my internet with the usb cable