SD Card Issues

Nikkib

Jun 1, 2011
Hello,

I bought a new SD card and my tab recognizes (when I go to settings --> storage) it but I am unable to save anything to it, such as documents from docs to go or photos. Additionally, when I connected the tab to my pc, it did not recognize the SD card and I was again unable to save anything to it.

I then tried an existing SD card from my EVO (which has tons of photos, videos, and music), and again the tab merely recognizes the SD card (when I go to settings --> storage) but I am ubale to find any of the contents.

Please share any methods to utilize the SD card.

Thanks so much!

Nikki

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Download a file manager such as ES File Explorer.
You will see your card is mounted in the /mnt directory in true linux fashion.

Just navigate to /mnt and you will see a subdirectory for the microSD card and all the content will be there.
Also, if you preload the card with image files or music the tablet will eventually scan the card and find all media.

dayjob

May 25, 2011
How can we install apps to this card like you can with the android phones? (like my evo)

Also has anyone found a way to mount it so you can access it via PC or MAC when your connected to it without having to yank the thing out and plug it into an adapter and then plug it into a pc... lots of work for something that is simple on any other android.

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
Download a file manager such as ES File Explorer.
You will see your card is mounted in the /mnt directory in true linux fashion.

Just navigate to /mnt and you will see a subdirectory for the microSD card and all the content will be there.
Also, if you preload the card with image files or music the tablet will eventually scan the card and find all media.

/mnt/external_sd

to be exact.....