sd card issues

catfan

Sep 3, 2011
ok, here is the deal, i bought the 8gb acer iconia a100 and thought i would just buy a large sd card and have plenty of memory, well, i cant switch anything over to the sd card, i have a file manager and tried it that way, with 2 diff. file managers actually, and then tried via my computer via usb cord, didnt work either, cause tab cant find the apps songs or anything. looked online and tried to go in via applications, manage applications, click on item and it says force stop or uninstall but no switch to sd card on anything. i have a movie via pocket blu (x-men first class) on there and abunch of songs and my memory is down to about 2 gigs. what do i do or what am i doing wrong? i would like to switch movies and music and some apps to card. its possible isnt it, otherwise why even have an sd card anyway. how do i access my sd card to listen to music movies apps or anything else, there isnt anything on the tablet to allow me to do that, plus when i go to the app store it says that app2sd isnt compatible with my a100 3.2 honecomb. someone please help. i am not really great at computers but i do know enough to get by pretty easily. can someone please hlp me out i am getting so frustrated. also its not the sd card checked that out, plus its a high end sdhc card. only thing is i do not know anything about rooting or anything so i cant go that route, thank you so much for help

quest1onz

Dec 14, 2011
I had the same issue.. looks like for now our acer can only transfer from the tab to sd and not back... not really sure.. its practically usless... for now since I have yet to root this badboy...i use cloud storage.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

mkztg

Dec 22, 2011
I'm having the same issue. I just can't figure out why we can't use the SD card, it makes the whole idea of external storage seem just a waste of money on the SD card. If anyone has figured this out please clue us in. Thanks.