SD card not recognized after unplugging from pc

thunderlegonslaught

Mar 21, 2016
Hi!
I have been using a Galaxy Tab S for the last 6 months with a Samsung 64GB Micro SD. Every once in a while I connect the Tablet to the PC and just put E-Books, music or movies on the SD card. Up until yesterda it worked fine evcerytime. Yesterday I wanted to load 2 movies from my PC on the Tablet (SD card). After it was done, I disconnected the Tablet from the PC and then the Tablet did not recognize the card anymore.
I have tried turining the tablet off and on, taking out the card and sticking it back in, but it only says that card might be emoty or the format of the card is not supported by the tablet and i might have to format it.

I know there are many threads about sd cards but I have not found anyone with the same problem yet.

Please help me!!!

David

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum David

Actually there have been quite a few similar threads about problems reading the SD card after removal. You need to put the card in a card reader on your PC and test it. My guess is that it got corrupted. SD cards have a relatively finite life span and do go bad. That's one more possibility.

thunderlegonslaught

Mar 21, 2016
Hi leeshor!
Thank you for your reply! The thing is that I never removed the sd card from the tablet. The sd card was in the tablet and the tablet connected to the pc. After i unplugged the tablet to see if the movie was now on it, it showed the sd card but said it was empty. after restarting the tablet the sd card did not show at all. then i took out the sd card and put it back in. thats when it said that either the card is empty or not compatible.