SD card problems!!

skywalk2

Apr 11, 2011
After having trouble putting it in, I had been using an old 256K sd card - when I inserted it, it was completely enclosed in the slot.

I purchased 2 8gb sandisk sd cards (they say MicroSDHC if that helps any). I tried putting them in my 78's (I have two) but cannot get them in properly. I feel a click, but they stick out about 3mm. And the tablet will not read them at all. I cannot mount or format. I checked them in my nookcolor, and both the cards work.

I had trouble with tablet 2 in that the card disappeared/fell into the tablet (I could shake it and hear it rattling around. I got it out with some creative thinking :).

My other problem is now I cannot even get the 256 card back in the slot the way it was, or get it to read. What am I doing wrong here, or is this a fatal flaw?

BTW - these tiny cards are annoying to work with!

Msky

husker_fan

Apr 5, 2011
I had to play with my memory card a while before I figured out how to get it in properly. I thought I had it in the right way because it would click in place and was still sticking out a bit, but it would not read it at all. I tried it other ways and the only way that worked for mine was to have it click in and have it almost flush with the opening. I used the stylus to click it in and out.

When I put my card in the slot it can go one of two ways, one way works and the other doesn't. Luckily I haven't lost my card inside of the device yet.