Searching - firmare iRobot A907

shadowofzeus

Apr 7, 2011
tstonick is working on building us some builds using the AMLogic source, but is having some problems. Our tablet is almost the same as the referance, but we use a different setup for our recovery and as such we can not flash the default update packages from AMlogic. When I get mine back from being repaired I am going to try and build a custom recovery using clockworkmod. I should get it sometime next week or the week after. I am not sure how well its going to work though. We will have to build update packages and such.

Last edited:

tstonick

Jan 11, 2011
I finally got a working key and am right at this moment downloading the repositories. the connection is slow however. I will keep posted.

alohomora

Jun 1, 2011
there is an hope in making a stable rom?

bugs that i found:
-impossible to install .apk from memory card;
-impossible to download applications from the market if the memory card is inserted;
-"settings" crashes sometimes;

regards

tstonick

Jan 11, 2011
I've been busy the last couple days. Here's status:

I got what is supposed to be the latest firmware update.zip from the vendor and IRobot. Maybe. I looked at it and it is suspiciously like the update on AMLogic's openlinux wiki. However, they didn't sent me a correct UImage, so I still couldn't flash it. My VM crashed because I set a hard limit of 8GB on the disk size and it overran while downloading the sources from AMLogic. I got it migrated to a 20GB virtual disk and am re-downloading the sources, which as I mentioned in a previous post very slow.

When I get back from CubScout day camp later on today, I'll try some builds for the various board versions and see if I can get one to work.

The good news is that a bootable sd card WILL load up the recovery mode from the card, so as long as the unit is not TOTALLY bricked, I think we can recover.

Then I'll see about building a port of CWM and posting compiled update.zip's based on AMLogic's source. So hopefully I'll have something up somewhere tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for not nagging me.

madmalkav

Dec 7, 2010
TStonick, probably the only thing changing between w10 and this other 8726 based devices is some little minor hardware details so probably with simply recompiling the kernel for every machine the roms we make will be valid for the different tablets.

I still didn't get access to Amlogic GIT, can you upload the last source snapshot to gitorious or github or just zipped somewhere? I have been wanting to start working on CWM for days but I miss the sources.

PS: my english today is worse than habitual, I know, I have a flu :/

shadowofzeus

Apr 7, 2011
Thats good news TStonick I got my repaired one yesterday and it had a newer firmware with market on it but it had an user already set and I tried to do a factory reset and now it wont even boot up. I tried the sd card recovery using the amlogic firmware just for kicks but no go. It did nothing. So I guess I will have to wait until you get us some firmware.

shadowofzeus

Apr 7, 2011
Hey could somebody dump their firmware for me so that I can make a restore sdcard? I know it can be a lot of trouble but would really appreciate it.

iwantantono

Jul 12, 2011
any update of this thread. how its going tstonick?

I have this amlogic i robot too.
the status say like this.
i would love to learn about the android and try to help you guys. but all my knowledge is on windows base programming.
Model number: MID_C_070A
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.34
Build number: V0.51.00.MID.eng20110613.095356

johnny

May 30, 2011
Good day when i brought my Apad Encore M719, Cortex A9 I decided to call the seller to ask for an update then he give the firmware and i install. BTW here is the info..

Build#: V0.42.MID.user.kelvin.wei.2011​0401.134832
Kernel Ver.: 2.6.34 kelvin.wei@building#437

Previous Complaints:
1. Battery
2. HDMI not functioning
3. Home Screen is lock on Horizontal View
4. Virtual Keyboard
5. Bluetooth

To:
Build#: V0.42.000.01.MID.user.build.20​110505
Kernel Ver.: 2.6.34 aoker@Aoker-ubuntu#473

Changes:
1. Home Screen can be view vertically
2. Battery Life Improves
3. Virtual Keyboard responds Accurately

If your asking for the firmware i can upload it this week

Last edited by a moderator:

piratone

Jul 9, 2011
Hi Johnny, have you got a copy of the latest firmware please, i got this off Tablet off ebay very cheap, same box, same model No. MID-C-070A, but it looks like somebody must have messed it up, it was only working in portrait mode when i got it, so i did a factoy install and it fixed it, the battery life is poor (2 hours) 75% brightness wifi and bluetooth off, the firmware is the same as yours, Build#: V0.42.000.01.MID.user.build.20​110505
Kernel Ver.: 2.6.34 aoker@Aoker-ubuntu#473