Security Storage

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
So...my post early about 'device storage' was misguided. Between the time I noticed the high battery drain from a process & actually posted about it, in my mind I changed the name from 'security storage' to 'device storage'. Anyway, having spent some quality time with Google yesterday, I find that having security storage as battery eater, while not common, does occur on a number of devices. I just wish I could figure out what app triggers it so I could get rid of it without doing a FDR & re-installing app by app.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not certain what you are referring to when you say security storage. Are you talking about encrypting the internal storage?

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
I'm not certain what you are referring to when you say security storage. Are you talking about encrypting the internal storage?
'security storage' is the name of a process running that's eating 12-15% of battery

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Yes....but if I remember correctly that process is not related to the SD card.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Maybe, maybe not. Does the same thing happen with the SD card removed. I asked the question for a good reason.

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Yes, it does. In fact, my tab went bonkers yesterday. Since I was a few days under Costco's 90 return, I took it back & got a new one. Without an SD card ever having been inserted, there was security storage at work, eating 16% of the battery

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I've never seen that on any of my many Android devices so I'm at a loss to explain it. Wish I could.

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Yeah, I was a little sad to see that process running right out-of-the box. I was hoping to tie it to a particular app.