Setting the date/time in my A8 Freescale 8 inch tablet

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
When I first got this tab, I was able to set the date and time but it wouldn't last because after powering the device off and turning it back on, it was showing the original 1969 date.
I did reset it many times, with the same default results after I turned the power on.

I don't know exactly what I did because I might have unknowingly modified something. Right now I can't even access the date/time function because it's grayed out, therefore inaccessible.

Suggestion anybody? Thanks in advance.

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
Bump
I still can't set the correct time/date on my tab, as odd as it seems
(time/date menu is grayed out)

tweak_ginger

Jan 25, 2011
Open Browser Google Home page and be sure it is set to your location (Google Settings). If you do this and set you date/time to automatic (reason for grayed out menu) it will automatically detect the time zone you are in. If you manually enter time (Automatic off), you will need to reset after each power down.

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
FYI, I was able to correct the date/time issue. I had to do a factory reset and in doing so, I lost all apps installed by me, including Flash 10.1
No big deal because I upgraded to the latest firmware revision that has more functionality than the original one. This update includes Android Market too!