setting up google play

jan55

Feb 14, 2015
Hi, I am currently using my ipad air to access this site because I can't get the new android tablet that I bought for my son set up for web browsing or accessing the play store.
The device starts ok then I get the message that the device may not be provisioned for data services. Also it keeps saying that the wifi connection is poor yet we are in the same room as the router and everyone else in the home can connect their devices whether apple or android anywhere in the house even two stories higher and through thick walls as the house is a victorian build not new.
I only bought a cheap 'no name' tablet as my son has problems and is likely to throw it downstairs or stomp on it if he has an 'episode'. Even so before I bought it I read the reviews and bought one that had good reviews. It says 'tagital' when you first boot up so I assume that is the make. I am at my wits end trying to solve this error and would appreciate any help that you can offer.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Hey Jan55, Welcome to the forum.

Since the tablet is new, my first guess is the date and/or the time may be off. Try to reset them in the settings menu and try to set up the Google account again.