Sharper Image M18A Tablet Won't Start Properly

staceymonique

Dec 25, 2012
i have a new andriod 4.0 10" M18A sharper image for a week. it wont start properly so i hold the on/off button and the volume button and get......the device enter PWDN mode. waiting.....
please connect USB to PC or reset the device. i have reset the device, and connected the device to the PC but a window comes up saying "driver device software not installed. ive gone into the printer and devices folder and the icon there is labelled telechips and its not installed, i cant seem to find anything online for this to download.

next option on my tablet says.....
the device will enter recovery mode.
please insert the SD card with the update pakage into the device.
waiting.....

then the screen shows the andriod dude with his belly open with a red exclamation mark and no more action. anyone out there can help me please?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You posted this in tips and tricks. I'm moving it to the Telechips forum where someone may be of some help.

matrixgd

Jul 3, 2013
Hi,
Do you slove your problem? I have M18A sharper Image tablet. I canot run android. After reset i see only android logo and nothing happen. I cannot turn off tablet by pressing on/off button. When i hold on/off button and press reset switch then i able to softfail mode but i dont have any cd with pc software and i dont know whot can i do. Do you know how to hard reset a tablet or link to any support site?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx

raulale

Feb 3, 2014
Hi there, i also have a m18a sharper image tablet with the same problem, stuck on logo android. Tried fixing it with ADB or FastBoot but couldnt do it. Then i tried with FWDN using tcc8803 driver to conect (shorting pins 7&8 in nand) and connect correctly, but i think i used the wrong lk.rom and ended up messing nand. Now i cant boot, just a black screen with two thin lines on the sides. If someone could help me get the correct lk.rom and boot up again, so i can use some .img and try to make it alive again.

As soon as i get mine fixed, i will help matrixgd and staceymonique to bring their tablets up and running.

Here are some photos of inside the tablet, hope this help.
View image: 20140203 004028
View image: 20140203 003922

Image of tablet when it turns on
View image: 20140203 005218

Any help bringing back this TCC8803 tablet back PLZ???

Thanks!

Last edited:

raulale

Feb 3, 2014
i got it to work and its alive!

The only down side (yet) is that i couldnt set nand to work fully as 4gb in fwdn, it looks like it only recognizes 2gb, but other than that, its working with android 2.3.3 and all peripherals (wlan,bt,camera,audio,sdcard,etc.)

If anyone is interested in fixing this particulary model (or EM102 A110 that is almost identical), please PM me and i will definitely help.

pincoto

Jun 19, 2014
Hello, I have the same model and it is stuck on "Android" screen, please help me fix this. Thanks!

daveeee

Sep 21, 2014

The only down side (yet) is that i couldnt set nand to work fully as 4gb in fwdn, it looks like it only recognizes 2gb, but other than that, its working with android 2.3.3 and all peripherals (wlan,bt,camera,audio,sdcard,etc.)

If anyone is interested in fixing this particulary model (or EM102 A110 that is almost identical), please PM me and i will definitely help.

Hi Raulale
I have the same m18a tablet, same problem stuck on android
can you help? do you have the correct flash image?

dave