shortcuts

wapen009

Jan 8, 2012
hi,
is there someone how has experience to place/make shortcuts (shortcut to pdf.document) on a app area for instance on a Sony-S tablet??
after downloading a pdf file the system tells not where to find the downloaded file. Yes if you go to filetransfer.but there must be a easier way i'l think??

Thanks forum,
Regards,

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

My tablet saves all downloads on the internal memory in the "Downloads" directory.

To make a shortcut to a file on your home screens, grab the app "ES File Explorer" free from the market. Open ES File Explorer and browse to the file you want to have a shortcut on your home screen and long press on it. Select "Shortcut" and it will appear on your home screen.

wapen009

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for the tip. Install the ES File Explorer and yes it works perfect.
Can you see the android tablet in the network from windows? of course can always connect it to PC with usb-entrance',
is there also something known about using apps for reading/editing word/excel/ppt in a android environment?

Anyway, thanks and regards,

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Using ES File Explorer you can browse your network shares, copy files and even stream media (including movies) from network shares to the player of your choice.

For editing M$ office docs, there are many apps to do this:
QuickOffice
Documents To Go
Office Suite 5
Docs
Kingsoft Office
and many more.

Check out Kingsoft, it is my current favorite and last time I looked the price was free.