Single app, public use, Lock-down

StuQuayArts

Feb 15, 2012
Hi there, sorry if this has come up before, but i didn't find anything of relevance using the search function.

My company (small art centre) is thinking about buying a tablet (or a few) for this one single purpose.

The tablet will be wall mounted, with one app running which will be a survey app.

We want to use it as a feedback point for people to leave comments/feedback about exhibitions and events.

So aside from the issue of wall mounting (im assuming there will be kits for various models) the main issue i can see, is having the survey app 'locked' so people cant exit from it to the desktop (or whatever it is called in tablet speak, im a mac man!)

the only thing i can find at the moment is apps that let you restrict entry. i want to do the opposite, restrict exit!

also the ability to sync, or download data from multiple apps/tablets to one database/spreadsheet would be very useful!

Thanks in advance for your comments or suggestions

Stu

Gear42

Feb 21, 2012
I am from 42Gears that builds SureLock, a device lockdown software for Android tablets and smartphones. With SureLock you can restrict the user to only one allowed app (or more if you want). Check out the 'Single Application Mode' option for even more advanced lockdown capability. This mode can block users from going to the 'Home Screen' on the Android tablet.

Kiosk Mode Lockdown for Smartphones, Tablets & Rugged Devices | SureLock for Android

Do contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks.

clsimmon

Aug 30, 2012
I too have a similar requirement of a purpose built Android tablet. Is there a demo or video of surelock? I did not see one. Any other offerings out there? I'm somewhat surprised that more purpose built devices based on Android has not surfaced yet.