Site noobie.......

GREGSZX23

Jun 22, 2011
Hello all! My name is Greg and I just joined the site in hope of learning some and sharing some as I learn. I was given a laptop for fathers day with the option of returning it for a tablet and I took the latter.

I'm on the verge of selecting and ordering a Tablet. These are what I've been looking at. Also, name brands really aren't my thing. If I like it, if they can do the job and I can get a warranty then count me in.

1. Motorola Xoom Tablet 10.1 (love the size)

2. Toshiba Thrive 10.1 ****(FRONT RUNNER)****

3. Acer Iconia A500 Tab 10.1 (does what all the rest do...nice size too)

4. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1 (16gb starts at $399)

So I was wondering what some of your thoughts and suggestions might be I really like having the peripherals (especially the SD card reader)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Welcome aboard Greg! Glad you found us!

Out of all the tablets on your list, I would personally wait for the Toshiba Thrive.

My reasons:

Full sized ports
Removable/replacable battery
Changable backplates
Built in file manager and tool that lets you connect to any printers using the same WiFi network.
Comes with it's own media organization software
Comes with Swype pre installed

Here's a good video you might want to check out

We also have dedicated sites for those tablets you are considering, be sure to check them out. Might be able to help you make your decision. What ever you decide, we got ya covered. ;)

Thrive Forums

Transformer Forums
Xoom Forums
Acer Tablet Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

GREGSZX23

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks Wicked! I will be placing my pre-order this weekend. From everything I've seen it really has everything I want. It also seems spec for spec one of the best Tab's that's gonna be on the market.:)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
i have the xoom and recommend it to anyone who asks. It has all the most popular connections and has no manufacturer skin. It also has no huge bezel like seen on other tabs.