Six Day Update Ematic 10'1" eGlide Pro Glide II XL ICS 4

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Well I have had my Ematic 10.1” Pro II XL for about a week with no problems so far and in fact have been impressed with it's performance and functionality after installing the Android Market. While I am not using many graphicly intense applications, the tablet performs quite quickly. Of all the apps I have installed, only one would not work and that is 'Stupid Zombies' which from viewing other posts appears to be a problem with the app running on ICS 4 and not the tablets fault. Below is a list of the following apps I have installed so far that are working without any problems.

Readers:
Kobo (pre-installed)
Wattpad (pre-installed)
Google Books (can read pre-installed books only so far)
Aldiko
Nook
Kindle
Xcomics
World Newspapers

Social Media:
Facebook
Google+
Google Messenger
Tweetdeck

Games:
Angry Birds Space
Temple Run
Marble Saga
Jewels
Madden 2012 (will not work)
Gin Rummy
Spades
Checkers
Backgammon
Mills
Chess
Go
Reversi
Ludus Latrunculorum
Real Blackjack
Parchis
Aseb, the Royal game of Ur

Internet:
Google Chrome
Android Market
Dolphin HD
Advanced Task Killer
Android Tablet Forum App
Google Maps

Music:
Pandora
TuneIn Radio (free and pro versions)
Google Play Music
WinAmp

As I download more apps and have more experience with the tablet I will post updates, but so far everything is running as expected and I am quite enjoying the tablet.

Todd

(Updated 8/14/12)

Last edited:

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
I have a correction to make to my list, it appears that Madden NFL 2012, downloads and opens, but I get an "This application is not authorized for use on your Android device" error. I have previously purchased the game for my Android phone about 5 months ago. Not sure if it is an ICS 4 issue, or if the game even works on any tablet as I have not tried it previously. Was really looking forward to trying it out on the 10" screen.

Todd

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Not sure what is causing this, but the 'Google Books' app which appeared to be working is giving me some problems. It appears that you can read the three pre-loaded books that are installed with 'Google Books' when adding the Google Market as mentioned in my other post. However when I attempt to search for any books in 'Google Books' it loads up the search and then immediately stops working and the app closes.

Was curious if anyone else who performed the market install is having this minor hiccup. Not really a big deal as I prefer other eReaders, but I have heard 'Google Books' has an extremely large library was curious to see it perform.

Todd

grdx35

Aug 19, 2012
Could you walk me threw how to install google play on this tablet... I tried and it always gives me a, this is closing or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Could you walk me threw how to install google play on this tablet... I tried and it always gives me a, this is closing or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

There are step by step instructions in the "Ematic Pro Glide X" forum. That is where I posted them originally. If I could move them here to the general forum I would. However, clicking on the following link will get you to the right message area.

eGlide Pro X

Todd