skype AND THE TABLETS

iceman2

Jul 30, 2011
hi not sure if this has been covered as yet, but I have been hearing they don't work with skype or the camera does not on it anyway, although I have also heard they do work well with skype. So, what is the truth.

Waiting for my one to turn up which is the Flytouch 3 SuperPad 2 Android Tablet 10.2.

Can some put us right about this side of things please. :confused:

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Skype texting and voice calls work... from my opinion i think google block the video calling part of skype from wifi only tablets

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

ShroomSJS

Jun 9, 2011
I tested it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi. Voice worked, but no video. My test partner said his screen showed that my device does not support video. I'm hoping they'll work an update for it.

tel

Jul 30, 2011
Really hope they get video chat working soon, what about google video chat?

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Really hope they get video chat working soon, what about google video chat?

Dont work either. The only video chattin app i came across is Fring. Qik kinda but it only one-way

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

iceman2

Jul 30, 2011
Hi: thanks for the info, so at the moment it does seem Vid does not work, or not work too well with these things.

storsven

Aug 14, 2011
As of August 15 with all updates Skype voice and messaging works great on my Toshiba Thrive. No video either direction though.

hisxlnc119

Aug 15, 2011
I just got an Asus Transformer and was disappointed to see that Skype Video didn't work.
Has anyone had any experience with Fring?