Skype for Leader tablet with Android 2.2

czajna

Dec 3, 2011
Hi Guys,

I registered on this forum because I have an important problem. I bought Leader Tab v70, because I will be travelling half year in Asia. I just need it for Gmail, Internet and communication, with friends, family and here is a problem. When I look for Skype in app market I can't find it. There are some plugins for Skype but no Skype software. When I try to do this through website https://market.android.com/, I recive information that there is no device cnnected with my account.

Any ideas what to do?

T

reneeandtrent

Dec 3, 2011
Sorry T I don't have an answer but the same problem. I have a MID OS 2.2 tablet and I've set up skype address but can't find app to run it. I added antivirus aoftware yesterday from app store and now it saya I'm not connected to the internet yet I have full wifi signal. :(

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Do you have the official Android Market installed on the tablet? Did it come pre-installed in the device? If no, it's normal that you don't see your tablet in the web version of Market, but you should be able to download it from your tablet. If you don't have Android Market, you can try installing other markets, like GetJar, SlideMe or look for files using a browser at freewarelovers.com.

smilydil

Dec 5, 2011
Hi Folk,
Hope everybody will be in peace. Guys I am also encountering the same problem. I bought a “7 inch Epad Android 2.2 Wintouch Froyo Touch Screen Tablet MID” before one week. I have tried many times to start application market to check the Skype, but unfortunately was not able to find it. Only limited softwares are available in the app market. I heard that thousands of softwares are available in the android app market but sorry to say that from one week I am looking for Skype & yahoo but nothing is coming. Can you please help me to find this software?

Regards,
John

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Froyo won't allow you to use video conferencing AFAIK... To see more apps in Market, either use an old Vending.apk (2.x) or try to reduce LCD density to 160 (look for an app called LCD resolution, root needed).

Armas83

Dec 8, 2011
I just got the impression 9.7 tablet with nooooo android market does come with the slide market but thats not the same does anyone know how to get the actual android market on this tablet???? Thank you for your help...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I just got the impression 9.7 tablet with nooooo android market does come with the slide market but thats not the same does anyone know how to get the actual android market on this tablet???? Thank you for your help...

You can try:
- GetJar.com
- FreewareLovers.com
- Amazon (if you're in the USA)

czajna

Dec 3, 2011
hi, thx for help. I donloaded skype, installed it but now when I am trying to sign in I got the message that app need to be closed 'would u like to sign in again or exit', any ideas?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
hi, thx for help. I donloaded skype, installed it but now when I am trying to sign in I got the message that app need to be closed 'would u like to sign in again or exit', any ideas?

What tablet model/brand and what Android version??

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Where did you get Skype from? You may wanna try an older version. Froyo (Android 2.2) is kinda bad for Skype, video won't work so do do not enable it.

czajna

Dec 3, 2011
I was trying many versions of skype and still not working.When I was instaling versions 1.0.x I could not login, I did not get any error. On ver 2.0.x I am getting message as I mentioned earlier or message 'reinstal skype'

carolineg

Dec 20, 2011
Trying to Video call with Skype on my Zepad Android 2.2 Tablet and all I see in my contact list that I can type a message, but NO Video Call button. How to I get that???