Skype Video Calling

SandraC

Feb 16, 2011
I have it installed. Haven't used it for video chatting yet. You can avoid the ads by buying some Skype credit.

EDIT: I tried it out with video chat and it worked.

Sent from my A501 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

SoHaunted

Sep 22, 2011
I'd love to try it but i cant get past the registration,because of the phone number im supposed to enter, how do i figure out what my region number is???

dhornick

May 12, 2011
I have it installed. Haven't used it for video chatting yet. You can avoid the ads by buying some Skype credit.

EDIT: I tried it out with video chat and it worked.

Awesome! cant wait to try it out! thanks!

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
It works but the internal mike sounds tinny. Much better with external ear buds/mike.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It works but the internal mike sounds tinny. Much better with external ear buds/mike.

Agreed, it does work.

The internal mic does work for me, but it sounds muffled, not tinny. If yours is tinny turn off Dolby in settings.
(not that i'm saying muffled is better than tinny...). Internal mic is not the best, and its very sensitive to its background
noise level.

I've found that you can't reliably switch between internal mic and external earbud+mic because some times your sound stays muted. But if you start a call on earbuds it works great. The sound is crystal clear.

Also if you want to switch to earbuds, just plug them in, and if you or the other end get no sound, put the call on hold briefly (like one second) and then take off hold and it will work fine.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I'm having problems in downloading on the market, can someone please put a link of the new skype with video that doesn't need to go to market?

Thanks.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Just upgraded and tried the video call...so far so good...lets keep in mind that there are other variables in the equation:

- Speed of internet (on our side and on our friend's side)
- Quality of other's side camera

ahmadijaz

Sep 19, 2011
2day i update my skype it support video call bt when other one accept the call screen becomes black.....

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I still hate it that this skype has no way to shut it down other than going into the
Android settings and killing it.

The thing is a huge pig, takes up a lot of memory. I don't need it to be running all the time.

SandraC

Feb 16, 2011
I still hate it that this skype has no way to shut it down other than going into the
Android settings and killing it.

The thing is a huge pig, takes up a lot of memory. I don't need it to be running all the time.

Untrue. When you're at the main Skype screen press the menu button on the right end and then select Sign Out.