Slow Market Place Downloads

mobilemonger

May 15, 2011
Upgraded my FT2v2 with custom ROM 0508 (Tim version) and noticed that the downloads are extremely slow and when downloading, bogs down the whole system. I saw the comments on slow market performance in the firmware notes, I wonder if that is what they are referring to? Anyone else experience that and have any suggestions to improve?:confused:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Upgraded my FT2v2 with custom ROM 0508 (Tim version) and noticed that the downloads are extremely slow and when downloading, bogs down the whole system. I saw the comments on slow market performance in the firmware notes, I wonder if that is what they are referring to? Anyone else experience that and have any suggestions to improve?:confused:
Yes, this is what the notes are refering to. Use Tim3a or tim2b, or TCH rom. Tim's newest rom 4a is due out any day and supposedly will also not have any market slowdowns.

mobilemonger

May 15, 2011
Flashed with latest Tim 4 firmware and market place is fast as can be... just weird though, last firmware could download Facebook from market place, but this version you cant even find it in search. Anyone know why that is?:confused::confused::confused:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Market
If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:

- Connect at least once with Market & your account.
- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All
- find Google Services Framework from the app list
- click on clear data + OK, then force stop

Reboot.
wait about 1 minute after you're back in.
Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through
wink.png
)

Then you should see more apps after that, like google maps, Skype & such..
smile.png