Slow to non responding on Acer A500

Jaymie1989

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,

As in the subject I have the Acer A500 and for the past few days its been rather slow to not responding. This can be when no apps are open, From unlocking it to scrolling through my apps to even being on the internet start page.

I have no idea and I still have alot of space and memory left.

Could someone throw me some ideas please?

Volkeman

Jul 4, 2011
Hi,
Mine had the same problem and it used to iritate me no end.
Suggest you download the 3.1 update and install, just use the links on this forum to download update.zip, move to your external sdcard, press power and volume together to start upgrade and problem solved !
If you have already updated to 3.1 then you still have a problem and I don't have an answer.

Good Luck

Jaymie1989

Jun 21, 2011
I still only have 3.0.1

When I put it onto a SD Card, When i start it up to install the update it just shows the android icon with a ! in it, Which i assume is an error. Its the same on 2 SD Cards. So should I just keep trying?

Mario1DaBoss

Jul 3, 2011
You probably formatted your card incorrectly or didn't follow the instructions all the way.
An update shouldn't be necessary tho, I believe it might be caused by lots of applications running in the background.
I suggest starting your task manager and force stopping some like games & etc.
My tablet seems to keep running the apps in background when pressing the home button of it, should be the same with you.