Slyvania Magni 10"

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Sylvania 10-inch Magni Tablet - SYTAB10MT in Portable Tablet PCs at JR.com

Just picked up this tablet at J&R. The actual specs are better than posted. Display is 1024x600. Battery is 3800mah. Camera is 2.1MP. Has HDMI out. 2GB Flash Memory. (2) MicroSD Card Ports(read up to 16GB each, with bonus 2GB card included). In addition to WiFI, unit has Ethernet port. Also side WiFi on/off switch, Menu, Home, Volume up/down power buttons. (2) USB ports (one host). Lone button on front of unit is the Return (or back) Key.

However, box states now with Android 2.2. But it's not yet installed. Running an Android version called DG3.20. Tablet prompts to download update. Update downloads and unpacks, but than fails to install stating that it's the wrong wrap for the product. (System lists the unit as a SYNET10LP, not SYTAB10MT).

softspokenrob

Apr 15, 2011
"However, box states now with Android 2.2. But it's not yet installed. Running an Android version called DG3.20. Tablet prompts to download update. Update downloads and unpacks, but than fails to install stating that it's the wrong wrap for the product. (System lists the unit as a SYNET10LP, not SYTAB10MT)."

A week after purchase and still no solution to failure to complete the auto update. After many tries, no phone or email support from digitalgadgets.com. No response from support requests online. Tech reps phone lines always busy, and no callbacks after recording says to leave your name and number and a technical rep will return your call promptly.

It's a nice tablet for $199 with the real specs:

Display is 1024x600.
Battery is 3800mah.
Camera is 2.1MP.
Has HDMI out.
2GB Flash Memory.
(2) MicroSD Card Ports(read up to 16GB each, with bonus 2GB card included).
In addition to WiFI, unit has Ethernet port.
Also side WiFi on/off switch, Menu, Home, Volume up/down power buttons.
(2) USB ports (one host).
Lone button on front of unit is the Return (or back) Key

NO ANDROID MARKET out of box

May have to return this weekend if I can't get the advertised included Android 2.2 update to install.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Chances are that this is a rebranded Flytouch II with a modified outer casing and certified for import into the US. These things are not supposed to be upgradable to Android 2.2. Has the same dual microSD and dual USB ports.

Don't fool around with the firmware too much, as I am not aware of an available restore image.

If the price is below $200, it can be a decent buy.

softspokenrob

Apr 15, 2011
Chances are that this is a rebranded Flytouch II with a modified outer casing and certified for import into the US. These things are not supposed to be upgradable to Android 2.2. Has the same dual microSD and dual USB ports.

Don't fool around with the firmware too much, as I am not aware of an available restore image.

If the price is below $200, it can be a decent buy.

I think you called it correctly. All the ports and buttons are in the exact same locations as on the Flytouch II. So, the Android 2.2 that this tablet is supposed to have received (but will not unwrap for this product), probably isn't a full version anyway as this tablet only has 256MB memory and I believe full Froyo requires 512MB.

timothy

May 12, 2011
Dear God In heaven please sombody help me! I cant down load 1 app and this this is worthless to me if I cant. I get the same issue...

"""However, box states now with Android 2.2. But it's not yet installed. Running an Android version called DG3.20. Tablet prompts to download update. Update downloads and unpacks, but than fails to install stating that it's the wrong wrap for the product. (System lists the unit as a SYNET10LP, not SYTAB10MT).""""

Im assuming that if it is not 2.2 it will not connect to market and it will not download apps i need. I begging here can anyone help me, the phone # is worthless.

koalaengineer

Sep 16, 2011
I just purchased a Sylvania 10' Magni Tablet and have had fun learning how to use it. I downloaded the Amazon Apps Appstore . It was updated to DG2.2.1-10a1 right out of the box. I have added a few apps from Amazon such as the Kindle, Solitaire, Tune-in Radio and a Dr.Web Lt a virus protector. I mainly wanted something cheap that can surf the web and is small but light and I could see the screen! So after 2 days I like it so far.