So... Flash?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
It is not working for me. It installs ok but flash on web still isn't working. I think flash player is on a higher version now anyways.

sent from my rooted nook color

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Same here.. It installs and then......... poof. I'm fine with Flash being on a higher version (10.1 vs. 10.2) as long as the lower version works with most sites. Surely someone has made Flash work, or at least failed so severely they can convince me that it's hopeless.. Anyone?

robedney

Jan 27, 2011
B&N is theoretically rolling out an update soon that will include Flash as stock. I'm guessing that will work if the update is manually loaded to a rooted NC?

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
I read somewhere that flash_for_21 only works on HTC phones and tend to believe it since it doesn't work on my NC either. However, you can play some embedded flash videos using Skyfire browser. Rumor has it that the next update from B&N(sometime within the next month?) will be Android 2.2(I would imagine it will have flash 10.1 working, but we do not know this for certain). Of course, we'll need a whole new rooting method for that, since installing this update will most likely kill root.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
B&N is theoretically rolling out an update soon that will include Flash as stock. I'm guessing that will work if the update is manually loaded to a rooted NC?

Not exactly... what will happen when B&N rolls out that update (which would be the B&N update to Android 2.2) you will have to wait for the dev community.

And I am sure that VERY quickly we will have two choices again like we do now for the B&N 1.1.0 software. First to come out will be akin to the Autonooter method which will require you to unRoot your NC and take it back to stock, upgrade through the B&N updates to 2.2, then root again. Second to come out will be the pre-rooted 2.2 which will be able to be sideloaded directly to your already rooted NC.

My personal plan there is to wait until they have the simple pre-root version which I can sideload without having to unRoot/ReRoot. I don't mind waiting the extra few days.

All my statements here are personal predictions and estimates and might be extremely inaccurate. However, I have great confidence in the dev community.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Some developers have been tweeting about their development on custom roms for the Nook Color. If they are successful we should have flash via these custom roms. Either way we should have flash soon.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
My personal plan there is to wait until they have the simple pre-root version which I can sideload without having to unRoot/ReRoot.

Come on ya big chicken! LOL...

In actuality, the update to 2.2 will probably be a cumulative upgrade...you should be able to go from 1.0.0 straight into the 2.2 upgrade. I can't imagine that B&N would make a new user update from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 to whatever the update is going to be to get Android 2.2

Then resetting, updating and rooting would be easier.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Come on ya big chicken! LOL...

In actuality, the update to 2.2 will probably be a cumulative upgrade...you should be able to go from 1.0.0 straight into the 2.2 upgrade. I can't imagine that B&N would make a new user update from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 to whatever the update is going to be to get Android 2.2

Then resetting, updating and rooting would be easier.

bingo! (plus more characters for this durn 10 thingy! is that enough!!!!!)

Jan 28, 2011
Tried the same thing with Flash 2.1 last week before I went on vacation and same result. The dev community is quick for solutions, and though I'm pretty adventurous, I don't mind waiting a couple days for a workable solution to be created once 2.2 is released for the NC.