So you own a NC, do you have an Android phone you tether with it

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay, there is a hidden agenda with this thread. I am on ATT and my upgrade is coming up soon.

I am looking for an ATT phone that works well with my Nook Color. The idea of using my NC as a turn by turn navigation really entices me.

So, what is everyone else using, what do you like, what don't you like?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hotspoted with an Atrix that was purchased with the dock and required the tethering fee anyway. I figure might as well goble all that extra data goodness up with the nook also.

torres546

Feb 5, 2011
I tether with my palm pre minus. Once I get my upgrade...not sure lol

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I have a rooted Evo running CM7 like my Nook Color. The free wifi hotspot makes me want to wait for the Evo 3D to get rooted before I buy it. But I'm sure I will get it the day it comes out. :)

d3bear

Apr 29, 2011
I have tethered my Droid Pro and my Nook. I am also able to tether my laptop to the Droid Pro but my thought it would get little use from it. I use the Wireless Tether which does the basic functions.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I guess it doesne matter much the OS of the phone.
It works also great with my symbian nokia 5800.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Just so you know CM7 has built in tethering. I have been using it with my Aria for a few weeks now and it is amazing. Getting ready to step up to an Inspire 4g very soon.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Well, I bought my Captivate (and rooted it the same day). I haven't put any custom ROM's on it yet (as I am a bit more leery of bricking my $400 phone) I have been reading about a ROM/Kernel combo that enables the internal infrastructure wifi tether without ATT, which would mean that I wouldn't have to tweak my NC at all, and I wouldn't be running any 3rd party apps (which is just another hoop in the chain, slowing the connection speed down)

The catch is, I would have to revert to 2.1 (phone came with 2.2 by default, but ATT is blocking the changing of recovery, so ROM Manager/CWR doesn't work) so I could get ROM Manager working properly to load the ROM and Kernel. I don't NEED tethering right now, so I am holding off.