Soft Brick - 7 inch Sylv Tablet

Wogz

Jan 31, 2014
Hello,

i'm trying to fix a 7" sylvania tablet that i have no info about for a relative of mine. Thing is, when android 2.1 starts, a popup (android.process.acore has stopped) comes up indefinitely and i cannot use the tablet.
This might actually be a simple problem to fix, like clearing the contacts cache, but i cant open any apps.

I tried to factory reset it, using the guide in this forum, but i get the message No recovery image is found, try recover from SD.
I was trying to identify the tablet hardware for a manual update but was unsuccessful, since adb isn't working either, probably disabled.

Since i have programming experience the last thing i thought was to create and install a debug apk via the sd card, but i can't access the sdcard because of the error described above.

I'm out of ideas, can anybody help?

Is it possible to id the hardware by opening the backcase? If so, are there only 4 screws, cause after removing them the backcase still is tightly locked.

Is there a keybord shortcut that can trigger a android factory reset, safe mode, or at least show the about screen and see the hardware version.

Last edited:

Wogz

Jan 31, 2014
hey guys, still stuck here, does anybody have any good advices? thanks.

Wogz

Jan 31, 2014
I was only familiar with adb, never had tried the fastboot process before in android sdk.
It seems that I might be able to trigger the equivalent of a factory reset by using:
fastboot -w erase
to clear userdata and cache.
Im using a virtualized win7 32 bits because of the tablet driver, it seems that when the tablet is connected via the OTG port it's recognized and connected in the virtual machine.
The driver install correctly, but still fastboot cannot find any devices. Even if the erase command is triggered, it just sits there with the message waiting for the device.
The tablet shows up in the device manager as SOC test board or something, but it never shows that message "Communicating with PC...". It idles around 3 minutes with a black screen, before it resumes the normal boot process.

Im clueless why even fastboot cannot find this tablet, why it never shows that communicating message as shown here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html#post72565