Software update

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just recieved a software update, 28 meg approximately. Not sure how new this is as it seems to be dated February 22nd, and so far I really haven't seen any major changes that standout but I just installed it. Anyone notice anything obvious?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

AuntieParticle

Sep 20, 2012
I received this update today. So far I don't notice any changes.

Auntie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk HD

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Probable just a bug fix/stability type of release, but I have to say the Note 10.1, with all its aggresive modifications to Android, is the most stable tablet I've had the pleasure of using.

Mickeylittle

Apr 15, 2013
Im a new member which is why I'm posting so late to this thread but I'm hoping that since we have received 2 of these minor firmware updates in the past 4-5 weeks that maybe Samsung will be rolling out 4.2.x to us before too long.
I read that the Note 10.1 will continue to receive updates including 5.0 whenever it is released one day.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Im a new member which is why I'm posting so late to this thread but I'm hoping that since we have received 2 of these minor firmware updates in the past 4-5 weeks that maybe Samsung will be rolling out 4.2.x to us before too long.
I read that the Note 10.1 will continue to receive updates including 5.0 whenever it is released one day.

Samsung never seems in a great rush to roll out updates but they do seem to get it right. The update to JB was amazing.

Mickeylittle

Apr 15, 2013
Samsung never seems in a great rush to roll out updates but they do seem to get it right. The update to JB was amazing.

You got that right Tom and take it from someone coming from Asus and the Transformer series, and I guarantee you that slow and right is better every time. Except for 1 area that is... the forum sure is a lot duller!

Sorry, guys but once you've moderated for a year on a Transformer forum most other tablet forums are just kinda ho hum from the lack of action. It's kinda like the Maytag repair man job. :rolleyes:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My first Android tablet was a Huawei Ideos S7 104, a couple years ago and that was a hopping forum, lots going on back then. The problem with the Note 10.1 is it just works.....

Mickeylittle

Apr 15, 2013
That's sad that the problem is that the Note 10.1 just works but from a forum standpoint it really is a problem because from what I've seen there are 5-10 forums discussing the 10.1 and they started well but basically no real amount of posts on a daily basis. In fact look at most threads on the main board and see the last content is 2-3 months until a new guy comes along and wakes up a couple of dead threads like I did.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In all fairness you also have to take a look at the huge number of forums out there covering the Galaxy line. That spreads the posts out over dozens of sites. With that said, there is a lot of truth that they seem to suffer fewer problems than some other tablets, but I have seen some people who had nothing but problems.

Last edited: